• Show
Clear All

• Hawklover
    replied
    Love the update!

Leave a comment:

• firestoper 25
    replied
    OK you guys started this, I will give you the Green Bay version ( a VERY short version) : Back in 2000 ( I am then 51 years old) I had just finished a complete rebuild / upgrade of my 1986 Jeep CJ-7 ( ALL new fiberglass body, fenders,doors,windshield & rear window frames,etc. the complete show stopping combination). Arctic White exterior with blood red interior & matching Simpson five point competition seat belts dress out the combination and of course I am togged out in my best Ron Jon's surf shirt with matching headband and VERY long wavy gray hair.....got the picture?
    So I decide the time is right (it is only show build new ONCE), it is a beautiful sunny summer afternoon to take the Jeep on a top-less,door-less, windshield folded down cruse run on the hot streets of Green Bay. Do you see what is coming?
    It all starts out well for about 10 minutes,plenty of thumbs up, horn toots, cars cruising along side to check out my combination and workmanship and so on.......over a year and a half of dedicated hard work, ALL on the line for judgement and going well !
    Time for the drum roll and a call for"and here is your sign". I drive the Jeep up to the main intersection by the city hospital's and luckily I get a red light in my lane and then my luck gets even better a convertible pull's up and stop's RIGHT next to me (and there are four very stylish young gals in it ). I know that this location is a very long light so there is time for some conversation . The gals are asking some darned good questions about the Jeep and my ego - head - vanity are all in overdrive along the lines THAT I STILL HAVE IT & NEVER LOST IT. Just before the light changes, the gal driving turns to the other girls and says........."Boy, I wish MY grandfather was THAT cool !!!!!"
    'And so' as they say around here, I only thing I could do was turn the beautiful Jeep immediately for home, learn my lesson and sulk for a week .
    For Studebaker content, I use the Jeep for running down Avanti parts and Sunday (less than a mile from my house) up on a farm driveway hill, I for the first time spotted a 59 or 60 teal colored Lark hardtop with a nose high attitude (engine out??). Further investigation is set for Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Bill there is more to this story, he just "ain't" fessing up, that's all!

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Dave,
    A big smile, tight fitting jeans, heels AND a Jeep. It doesn't get much better than that!
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    We've stopped filling gas, we just go there to anoy those who work there...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A14.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1944146

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Originally posted by daytonadave View Post

Name:	IMG_3694.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1944088
    Met her in Estes Park, CO. Very friendly.
    Dave!!!!!!!!...................did she proffer her number???????? :-)

Leave a comment:

• daytonadave
    replied

Name:	IMG_3694.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1944088
    Met her in Estes Park, CO. Very friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Exchange rate is $7.91 today
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Gas was $5.10/gallon/93

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
    Craig, no and what I should have done is offer her a "Molson" eh?/ LOL B tw, would a romantic Canook(sp) pay for her gas?????
    Depends how deep your pockets are for gas these days!!

And yes, a bottle (or two) of Molsons is much less, unless she doesn't know when to stop!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

Did you pay for her fuel as thanks for the compliment?

Craig
    Craig, no and what I should have done is offer her a "Molson" eh?/ LOL B tw, would a romantic Canook(sp) pay for her gas?????

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
    ...........we did chat till our respective gas tanks were filled and wished each other a good day.
    Did you pay for her fuel as thanks for the compliment?

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    In -91 a 13 year younger & real pretty gal started talking to me & I was quite surprised & I still am... Now this post have made me think I'm gonna ask her if she would do the same now.

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
    As another friend said to me once "Don't flatter yourself. She probably thinks you have money and could be a sugar daddy" Still another friend told me when he was at a strip club a young girl came up and said "I like Ben Franklin" He said "Well I like him too" Conversation over.

Bob Miles
    I have them all fooled: I'm broke
    Bob my cuz is a retired doctor(79 yrs old)..........and twice divorced. He lives in south Florida..........I laugh at what he tells me, sure the young chickies go after him, to them his hair is not white its green.............I attempt to tell him this but all I hear is you are jealous...........

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    It's like my dear friend once said...It's not like some hot chick ever looked at a gray-haired old man and said "I want some of that" He always could bring a feller back to reality.
    Brad that is too great!:-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X