Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kmb
    replied
    Thank you all for the replies. I've reached out to Studebaker Restorations, but haven't heard back yet. As for the body type, my car is a 4-door sedan.

Willys54, I have sealed beam headlights on the car now. I don't know how the bezel differs one to the other (I didn't know Studebaker offered non-sealed beams in '41!), but mine has a metal ring around the headlight itself, within the bezel.

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    replied
    BTW Kevin, Expect the MOD's to move your post to the 'Cars & Parts For Sale / Wanted / Found Online' which is more appropriate for the topic.

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    replied
    Originally posted by kmb View Post
    Hi any and all,

My '41 Champion was just hit by a fire engine, and I'm now in the market for a new front drivers' side fender, headlight bezel, and rear drivers' side fender. I can't find 1941 Studebaker sheet metal anywhere online, and I'm wondering, does anyone here have a source, or even a lead? The only one I've found was a listing by paul55 on jalopyjournal (I've already inquired). Thank you!

-Kevin

P.S. Don't worry, the fire engine was okay ! In all seriousness, I don't blame the driver at all, he was responding to an emergency and probably saved a life (or at least a home).
    Kevin, You missed my ad on jalopyjournal for '41 parts which appears right above paul55's front fender. I'm parting out a 3G-W5. I have the bezel and a used rear fender but it's not perfect and will require some degree of body work along the AFT lower flange. There are (3) part numbers for rear fenders depending on trim levels. Mine is 'Blank' which is part number 278573. This means it is not drilled for gravel guards and/or fender moulding. Keep searching for a defect free fender but if you strike out I can send you pics of mine which is still on the car. I have bezels in both the non-sealed beam & sealed beam variety so I would need to know which variety your looking for. Since you did not list a parking light lens I'll assume yours made it through the crash but I have those as well. Send PM to discuss details.

-Mark
    Last edited by willys54; 05-11-2022, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• firestoper 25
    replied
    Sent you a private message.

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    One of the vendors (sorry I don’t know who) at South Bend had a nice looking green Champion drivers side rear fender standing upright under their table. Perhaps someone here will remember the name?

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Sorry you got into that Wreck, I hope you are OK.

In order to find Body Parts it is Very important to Note the Body Type of '41 Champion you have, there would be Coupes, 2 Door Sedans and 4 Door Sedans I believe.

Studebaker Restorations in Long Beach MAY have a few Parts and can do the work.
    https://www.studebakerrestorationltd.com/

Leave a comment:

• Topper2011
    replied
    Maybe give Turner's a call? They are in Fresno I think.

Leave a comment:

• kmb
    started a topic 1941 Sheet Metal and Trim?

1941 Sheet Metal and Trim?

Hi any and all,

My '41 Champion was just hit by a fire engine, and I'm now in the market for a new front drivers' side fender, headlight bezel, and rear drivers' side fender. I can't find 1941 Studebaker sheet metal anywhere online, and I'm wondering, does anyone here have a source, or even a lead? The only one I've found was a listing by paul55 on jalopyjournal (I've already inquired). Thank you!

-Kevin

P.S. Don't worry, the fire engine was okay ! In all seriousness, I don't blame the driver at all, he was responding to an emergency and probably saved a life (or at least a home).
Working...
X