• Show
Clear All

• MAGS for your Stude Rat Rod,or??

Never seen these before.
    [urlhttp://fortwayne.craigslist.org/pts/1007886174.html][/url]

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

Never seen these before.
    [urlhttp://fortwayne.craigslist.org/pts/1007886174.html][/url]
    The Cragar size and style is common, but the A J Foyt certainly is different. These would work on a Studebaker. I had a set on my '64 Avanti- no fit problem, but I didn't like them.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I see a lot of AM-FM Studebaker radios in your tag line.Do you fix and repair radios?

Comment

Rich, I only see 3, and they're all AM. What am I missing??[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

OOPS! Need my glasses!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

I see a lot of AM-FM Studebaker radios in your tag line.Do you fix and repair radios?
            No, I just had a wild idea to make up my sig line with the radios from my three Studebakers. The left is my '53 Commander original AM, the next is my '64 Daytona Wagonaire AM-FM and the one on the right is my '64 Daytona convertible AM.

'64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

the next is my '64 Daytona Wagonaire AM-FM
              Huh.... I looked again, closely, and still don't see any indication that it has FM...? Must be one of those with the face that flips when you switch to FM, right?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

The upper portion of the middle radio's faceplate has a blue band with red numbers on it...

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

quote:Originally posted by 53k

the next is my '64 Daytona Wagonaire AM-FM
                  Huh.... I looked again, closely, and still don't see any indication that it has FM...? Must be one of those with the face that flips when you switch to FM, right?
                  Here you go bams- original equipment.

Comment

Aah.... it's very clear now. I would have noticed except I've never actually seen one before. It's obvious in the small picture, now that I know what one looks like. To my eye, the blue band/red numbers is blurred enough in the small picture that I didn't notice it. Thanks Paul[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I just got one of those AM FM radios.Supposed to work too.Might be an ebay item,we'll see!

Comment

$50 was cheap wasn't it. I had told the guy I wanted it and he was going to get the shipping charges. He emailed me and told me someone had came by and picked it up. You must have been close to it. Now I know who the someone was.
                        Allen

Comment

Found his ad Sunday and emailed the guy.He said he had gotten "stuck" so he wanted to sell it locally.So I went down there and bought it.Sorry,I was not trying to steal it out from under you. By his definition I was left with the idea his first deal went sour.I have no idea why he did what he did!

Comment

You did nothing wrong. I was hoping it was someone on this forum.
                            Allen

Comment

Paul, I like the Cragars on your Avanti. I might have done without the spinners, but the wheels look good, even with the whitewalls. And like Bob, I'd never seen an original AM-FM until now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X