Tie a string to my ankle cause I'm flyin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie a string to my ankle cause I'm flyin'

Got home from work Friday and found a package on the dining room table that had come UPS. It was a half dozen advance copies of the February issue of Turning Wheels with our '54 Commander Starliner (Grace) on the cover!! And inside is my story of taking Grace to the AACA Fall National Meet in Hershey.

Thank you, Art Unger, for thinking enough of my writing and photography to feature it.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Hummelstown, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.
    Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Congratulations Alan! It was nice meeting you and getting to see your car at Hershey last fall. Looking forward to Februarys issue.
    Bill
    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
    sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading about your car.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Amazing I just got the Janauary issue last Friday.

Comment

Congrats!

Dylan
          '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

That is great. I would love to have a car show up on a magazine cover. First though, I would need a car worthy of the honor. Yours looks great.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

Congrats, Alan. Nice of them to send extra copies. [^] Can't wait to see it. I'm still looking through my January issue to see things I haven't caught yet. The Almanac always has something I like to read multiple times to soak in. Frame one of those covers. [8D]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Congrats, Alan. Nice of them to send extra copies. [^] Can't wait to see it. I'm still looking through my January issue to see things I haven't caught yet. The Almanac always has something I like to read multiple times to soak in. Frame one of those covers. [8D]
                January 2009 Turning Wheels is the Meet Issue, Dave. The Meet issue doesn't include a Co-Operator or an Almanac every year, thus making room for the Meet Report and the many photographs of the National Meet. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                X