X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake reservoir? I've never seen this

It's an S-P part, but I've never seen or even heard of one:

http://tinyurl.com/az6s7j

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

To bad the seller is looking to make so much profit on the shipping [}]

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

It beats me. I've never seen this part.
      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

This is for the 1956 Packard.

Bob Langer
        Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
        Glenshaw,PA

Comment

I've never seen one either, but seen pics before - this may be the real deal. This is not the same as the reservoir used on later disc brake Hawks although it performs the same function.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

The box looks '56 to '62, maybe earlier...? Did that logo come out immeadiately after the Packard "help"? I am not near my parts book this week, but I tried to blow up the instructions and couldn't read a thing due to the poor quality of the picture. I've seen those, there was one or two last summer in that stash at my friend's farm. 2R5, when I ask eBay sellers about shipping price now they blame it on eBay's new rules. Most are asking buyers to not pay for it right away and ask for an actual shipping price when it's won. Some let it go, because they always seem higher.
            Edit: I see Bob Langer found it already. Good job.[^] Were they for any Studebaker cars?

Comment

I am about 75 miles from here...Paul Johnson (53k I think) is 50...If I was going that way for something I would pick it up..Maybe Paul gets down that way or knows an SDCer there and they could send it for cost. You can buy 40 acres and a mule for 25 bucks in Star Tannery...

Comment

I think it, or a similar unit was offered on at least the 47-52 Studebaker's, Bondo knows.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ISpy

I am about 75 miles from here...Paul Johnson (53k I think) is 50...If I was going that way for something I would pick it up..Maybe Paul gets down that way or knows an SDCer there and they could send it for cost. You can buy 40 acres and a mule for 25 bucks in Star Tannery...
                  You're right on my distance (I'd never even heard of Star Tannery). I looked in a couple old price books (too cold to look until I found the first and last listings). It wasn't listed in '68, but in a '55 list it was shown at retail $6.95, dealer net $4.49). It didn't show an application though.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

My 57 President Classic which is a three owner car had the resevoir in it. Looks like a Skippy Peanut Butter jar. The pictures posted are correct. I acquired a new one when I restored the car and replaced the original. Since then I have seen one other and have another original box. The dealer that installed it was in central MN.

Comment

Cool. I learned something new today!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

It is a Studebaker option, was offered in 1956.

When I installed the Turner disc brakes I used a Mitsubishi 1995 Eclipse MC. I mounted the reservoir on the battery hold down tray. When I sent Frank Ambrogio some photos of my installation he sent me one of those stickers to use on my car.

BG

Comment

Working...
                        X