Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All those who can remember taking off in whatever minus degree weather and enjoying square tires and a manual trans stuck in first gear until the grease warmed up raise your hand.

Bob-40 below
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

The fastest way to warm a car up is to get it on the road. The faster you run gas through them, the faster they warm up. My Dodge truck isn't the quickest thing to warm up, but regardless of how cold it is, take off with a 12,000 pound load (it ain't fast!) and the water's up to operating temperature within a half mile. I've never been one to let a car warm up for long periods of time and cold starts haven't seemed to hurt my 265,000 mile Dodge Caravan or 204,000 mile Ford Tempo.

Comment

The fastest way to warm a car up is to get it on the road. The faster you run gas through them, the faster they warm up. My Dodge truck isn't the quickest thing to warm up, but regardless of how cold it is, take off with a 12,000 pound load (it ain't fast!) and the water's up to operating temperature within a half mile. I've never been one to let a car warm up for long periods of time and cold starts haven't seemed to hurt my 265,000 mile Dodge Caravan or 204,000 mile Ford Tempo.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

All those who can remember taking off in whatever minus degree weather and enjoying square tires and a manual trans stuck in first gear until the grease warmed up raise your hand.

Bob-40 below
          Gee, like maybe two weeks ago, when I started my 3 ton grain truck and moved it into the shop to use it as a scaffold to hang my lights?

I can't vouch for the tires being square, but the tranny was some stiff.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

Bob-40 below
            Gee, like maybe two weeks ago, when I started my 3 ton grain truck and moved it into the shop to use it as a scaffold to hang my lights?

I can't vouch for the tires being square, but the tranny was some stiff.

Comment

Working...
            X