This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southeast Studebaker

Finally got in touch with Rene today, he said he is recovering from coronavirus. He also said he moved his business to a new location and hired 2 helpers.

In any case, maybe all is not lost. We will see.
    78 Avanti RQB 2792
    64 Avanti R1 R5408
    63 Avanti R1 R4551
    63 Avanti R1 R2281
    62 GT Hawk V15949
    56 GH 6032504
    56 GH 6032588
    55 Speedster 7160047
    55 Speedster 7165279

Talked to a gentleman this week who mailed him all his Avanti interior door panels and more, paid in full over a year and half ago and absolutely no contact or status. Criminal as far as I am concerned.
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Talked with a guy that send his door panels well over a year ago and can not reach Renee.
      I think it is mail fraud and should be dealt with by the postoffice.
      Unfortunately the postoffice is all screwed up!
      I suggest that victims file complaints with the postoffice if the off chance is that it changes to responsible management.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ection_Service
      Last edited by rkapteyn; 02-25-2022, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I spoke with an acquaintance earlier this week who’s a friend of Rene’s. He confirmed that the shop has been sold.

The “new shop” is a small pole barn behind his house that they are trying to patch up to turn it into a usable workspace. The person I spoke with said he was the one doing the work on the pole barn.

He also said that Rene hadn’t hired anyone. It’s just him.

He gave me more info than that but if I post it publicly, it’ll for sure get deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
          Talked with a guy that send his door panels well over a year ago and can not reach Renee.
          I think it is mail fraud and should be dealt with by the postoffice.
          Unfortunately the postoffice is all screwed up!
          I suggest that victims file complaints with the postoffice if the off chance is that it changes to responsible management.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ection_Service
          The proper office to deal with mail fraud is the United States Postal Inspection service. Regardless of what feelings people have about how mail is processed, the Inspection Service is duty bound to deal with drugs sent by mail, fire arms, theft by both USPS employees and outside sources such as airline employees and fraud. If anyone wants to file a formal charge of fraud, it must be done with the Postal Inspectors. Trust me, if you ever have to deal with an armed Inspector, you will see action. Minimum prison term is 10 years and $10,000 fine.

As a retired USPS employee, until you have worked day in and day out with dedicated employees that earn every cent working in a dedicated manner, most people have no idea of the conditions how a piece of mail magically ends up in their box. The board of governors are all politically appointed. It has been over the past 20 years a systematically position to privatize the USPS. Currently, most employees are not career employees. They are appointed for a 89 day temporary appointment in most cases. How would you like to take your car to a shop and have someone tear into a transmission, then half way through be replaced by someone else?

The Post Office and it's successor was established to provide universal service and a uniform low cost. Remember how well the breakup of Bell telephone worked out.

As far as Southeast Studebaker and anyone else you do business in any regards:Caveat Emptor

Bob Miles
          20 years of up to 12 hours shifts at night can color my thinking
          Working with the public for 10 years can also color my thinking

Comment

I would hope the Mod's accept the fact that this guy (apparently) defrauded many people and will choose to lend voice to their concern rather than simply deleting the post once again.

Comment

The SDC has done all it can do on this issue. There is no reason to continue this conversation here. The only thing left to be done has to be done by those who have been mistreated or otherwise hurt by this individual through the Court system in Know County Tennessee.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
              X