Studebaker Flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Flags

Does anyone know if any person or chapter has ever produced flags bearing any Studebaker image or logo? Our chapter (Ontario) is thinking of this to display our brand at various events.
    We have contacted the usual suppliers including the National Studebaker Museum with no luck.

If we do produce some is there any interest from others?

Thanks

Bill Foy
    Kingston, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

quote:Originally posted by Captain Billy

Does anyone know if any person or chapter has ever produced flags bearing any Studebaker image or logo? Our chapter (Ontario) is thinking of this to display our brand at various events.
    We have contacted the usual suppliers including the National Studebaker Museum with no luck.

If we do produce some is there any interest from others?

Thanks

Bill Foy
    There's another Billy right here on the forum that would be "the man," Bill...only he is currently occupied with his daughter's wedding, or soon will be: Bondo Billy! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I will send him and email, is it an open bar....?

Bill Foy
      Kingston, Ontario
      1964 Wagonaire Slider
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Hi Captain,

On eBay often, though none right now.

Googled 'Studebaker Flag' and here's one vendor:

http://www.flagscity.com/prod_info.asp?ID=21789

Our Chapter has one like this we put up at shows.

Henry Votel, Editor
        North Star Wheel
        North Star Chapter SDC
        www.northstarwheel.com
        Henry Votel,
        Forest Lake, MN
        Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

Thanks Henry, just dialed in and ordered one.

Thanks

Bill Foy
          Kingston, Ontario
          1964 Wagonaire Slider
          Bill Foy
          1000 Islands, Ontario
          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Captain Billy, that pic is exactly what mine looks like, it came from South America, I was suspicious if I would ever see it, because it took so long but it did show up, and is relatively nice, the proportions are as you see it, way too much margin on each end, HUGE size and made of silk like, thin material with grommets to "Fly it" not bad. I use it as a wall hanging in the house.
            Maybe you could buy a bunch and have your Chapter sell them.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hmm...maybe I will get one of those and replace my American Flag for July 4th!...Then again, I can see a lot of flak with that one!

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint, and garaged for the winter...I can't wait til spring!!

Comment

That's OK, you can always get a flagpole, then you can run the American flag up to the top and it's perfectly OK to fly the Studebaker flag also, as long as it is BELOW it! [^]

quote:Originally posted by tutone63

Hmm...maybe I will get one of those and replace my American Flag for July 4th!...Then again, I can see a lot of flak with that one!
                StudeRich

Comment

The flag (logo) shown in Captain Billy's post is the logo of the Studebaker National Museum and was never used by the Studebaker Corporation. The museum has, in the past, tried to discourage the use of its logo by individuals and chapters. Since Studebaker had so many attractive logos in its long history would it not be more appropriate and fitting to use one of those rather than the one designed for the museum??

Richard Quinn
                  editor: Antique Studebaker Review
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Good point Rich. Are there any other options available? If not, I'd be very happy with a flag that has the logo of the motor company overlaid with the original script used on their horse-drawn wagons. Perhaps it would behoove the museum to arrange for another flag to be made with the wheel emblem. That way we'd have an alternative, and the museum could make a few coppers. Until then, the above version is all that I know of too.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I thought this was going to be about the Studebaker checkered flags. I'm looking for one for my 64 Daytona sail panel.

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

Look no farther than your friendly local Studebaker (Dealer) Vendor Sal! [^]

Page 63, 1320133WP $42.50. I swear Sal, I am going to have to send you a $3.00 S.I. Catalog myown self! he, he!

Doesn't your employer supply you with all the tools of the trade! Lol!

You know, that is the first thing that came to my mind as well when I saw that title!
                        StudeRich

Comment

Rich, Thanks. I know I can get them new. My car is just a beater, though. The flag and the hood ornament are the only pieces missing. I just was looking for one to match the car. I agree about the employer though. What a cheap son of a gun, eh?

sals54
                          sals54

Comment

Working...
                          X