I'll need a Stude to Rent(local )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll need a Stude to Rent(local )

I just thought I needed a studebaker to rent,since this year ,your having July 4th ,drive your studebaker day. Forget it.

?????

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

My guess would be that someone hacked his account.

1957 Packard Clipper
      1957 President Broadmoor
      1963 Daytona Convertible
      1963 R2 Daytona
      1963 R2 GT Hawk
      1963 R1 Wagonaire
      1963 R4 Avanti
      1964 Champ
      1966 Cruiser

Comment

No , nobody hack my account. Irrational -(@#$%exburience? Living vicariously with Studebakers. Well I just thought since you promote this National Recognotion Day, Somebody would put up a stude (maybe somebody local ) I could drive ,since I've driven other cars, (not owned, Corvette,40 ford, Yenko Camaro, VW Bug, Firebird, Countless lease cars, I thought it was the 21 century , rent a stude, I made it up. Ilike it. It works for me. I'm not getting any younger and its drive your studebaker day. ca

Comment

Troll. Just saw his "name" in his profile[}]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

you can rent mine for 3800 bucks and Ill let you keep it awhile

1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

14x7-

I think that the responses resulted from the intent of your original post not being clear. That being said, the insurance coverage on most Studebakers would prohibit them from being rented. Perhaps you could join your local chapter and find someone that would allow you to drive theirs on the 4th.

Good luck!

Comment

Nobody is making anyone participate in Drive Your Studebaker Day. It's not mandatory or required in any way. Just to make that clear.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

O/T a bit...just want to tell JLasVegas that that two-tone Wagonaire, on those wheels, ROCKS!

S.

Comment

IHAVE 3 CAN ONLY DRIVE 1 AT A TIME RENTING MAY BE GOOD IDEA..LOL

Erin Hays
                    "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
                    RZRECTD
                    1961 Hawk
                    1962 Lark
                    1963 Wagonaire

Comment

So Where about in California do you live? We have more running Studebakers than we have drivers for them.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                      1957 Silverhawk
                      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      1955 President State
                      1957 Golden Hawk
                      Fresno,Ca
                      Mabel 1949 Champion
                      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      The Prez 1955 President State
                      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Just ignore him. Back again.

Comment

In his original post, he wanted to rent a Stude for 10 bucks because of 21 century, whatever that means. As I was trying to figure out what was written, I looked at his profile- another anonymous with a fake- and vulgar- name. That spells troll to me.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

O/T a bit...just want to tell JLasVegas that that two-tone Wagonaire, on those wheels, ROCKS!
                            Steve, I hoe you're not too excited about that picture... it's photoshopped[:I] Sits at normal height with stock caps- plus this week he painted the sides, so now it's all gold... and looks great![] Check it out here:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=25589

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Bob--

Ah shoot...knew that change had happened awful suddenly![] My comment stands, though, even if Photoshop is involved: a Wagonaire, on wheels like those, rocks.

Makes me think of two things: 1. howzabout a "Dub City" 1:24 diecast of exactly this Photoshopped Wagonaire; and 2. last summer somebody suggested swapping out the Stude 170 six in Betty for a slightly different straight-six...out of a BMW M5...300hp. Planted the notion of a "Studebimmer" in my head that just won't go away. I gotta figure out Photoshop, and do a "JLasVegas" on a pic of Betty...

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X