Disappearing Posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Posts?

OK, earlier today there were a bunch of older posts by "A1956GoldenHawk" that were showing up edited to remove his original post and the Subject line. The Subject line info was being replaced by a "[u]+</u>".

Leonard (lstude) posted a question about why this was being done.

Now all these posts by "A1956GoldenHawk" plus the post by Leonard are gone. What's going on here??

Did I stumble into the Bermuda Triangle of the SDC Forum? Or is Mr. Shaw wiping out all evidence that "A1956GoldenHawk" existed?

Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

My personal thought is that this is exactly why censure is worse than locking. We are now deprived of the knowledge of and in those threads.

No, I am NOT upset or p****d off or anything of the sort. Mr. Shaw has a big job and its' job description DOES NOT include pleasing everyone everytime. Besides, we all had a very fair and open chance to talk about this a while back. So my support goes to Mr. Shaw, but not my agreement.

So, maybe this is the Bermuda Triangle of forums. I DO know my car is Bermuda green.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

This reminds me of something that happened in '1984'. [}]

All joking aside, though, I logged on to the Forum early this morning (8 o'clock central) and the first...probably ten... or so topics were all an "x" by a1956goldenhawk. It was confusing and an eyesore. I thank Mr Shaw for removing them. (although, I am still curious as to what on earth was going on...unfortunately, I doubt any one other than a1956goldenhawk knows...)

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint, and garaged for the winter...I can't wait til spring!!

Comment

I got this email from Bob Shaw:

Leonard:

This is a head's up about the "X'd" posts from A1956goldenhawk. He did that as a result of a disagreement between he and I over my deletion of a political topic he posted yesterday. As his action rendered the X'd topics useless, I have had to delete them. Consequently, I will also be deleting your "why the x" topic.

Bob Shaw
        SDC webmaster

I think Bob Shaw has a hard job, and he does it well!

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard:

This is a head's up about the "X'd" posts from A1956goldenhawk. He did that as a result of a disagreement between he and I over my deletion of a political topic he posted yesterday. As his action rendered the X'd topics useless, I have had to delete them. Consequently, I will also be deleting your "why the x" topic.

Bob Shaw
          SDC webmaster

Leonard Shepherd

That seems a very clear explanation of a fair standard of moderation. Thank you for posting it, Leonard.

On other sites, I've seen countless examples of a user "thread stacking" in protest of a moderators action. Of the many sites I frequent, I must say this one is among the most civil, thanks in part to Mr. Shaw's clear guidelines and the maturity of most users.

Andy
          62 GT

Andy
          62 GT

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Andy R.

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard:

Bob Shaw
            SDC webmaster

Leonard Shepherd

That seems a very clear explanation of a fair standard of moderation. Thank you for posting it, Leonard.

On other sites, I've seen countless examples of a user "thread stacking" in protest of a moderators action. Of the many sites I frequent, I must say this one is among the most civil, thanks in part to Mr. Shaw's clear guidelines and the maturity of most users.

Andy
            62 GT

BUMP

Thank you, Andy. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
            In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
            If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, Leonard. That's why he's the moderator.

quote: Andy R.
              "Of the many sites I frequent, I must say this one is among the most civil, thanks in part to Mr. Shaw's clear guidelines and the maturity of most users."
              Well said, Andy. [^]

Comment

Folks was very clear late last year and earlier this year about which posts he would allow and not allow. As the Forum Master it is his responsibility to enforce all of the rules imposed by the site owner (SDC). As he explained he did just that. In most cases this is a very civil site due to his monitoring and I really appreciate how he manages it. Thanks Bob.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                X