Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stamp Collectors? Want Studebaker/Finland stamps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamp Collectors? Want Studebaker/Finland stamps?

Any stamp collectors among the Studebaker faithful who would like to have copies of Finland's stamps commemorating the 1953 Studebaker Starliner? I received a Christmas Card from friend Pekka Polvinen in this envelope from Finland with these stamps affixed but not canceled(!):

Click image for larger version

Name:	finlandstamps0006.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1927698

If anyone wants them for a stamp or contemporary Studebaker-themed collection, just post your mailing address here and I'll mail the envelope to you. BP
    Attached Files
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Bob - They are very interesting stamps. As you know, 1953 Starliner is my favorite. You made a generous offer. I will pass on them and leave them to more of a stamp collector than I am. I am surprised that you do not want to retain them.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Any stamp collectors among the Studebaker faithful who would like to have copies of Finland's stamps commemorating the 1953 Studebaker Starliner? I received a Christmas Card from friend Pekka Polvinen in this envelope from Finland with these stamps affixed but not canceled(!):

Click image for larger version

Name:	finlandstamps0006.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1927698

If anyone wants them for a stamp or contemporary Studebaker-themed collection, just post your mailing address here and I'll mail the envelope to you. BP
      Hi Bob.
      Gary Sanders, 216 N. 36th St., Nixa, MO 65714
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post

Hi Bob.
        Gary Sanders, 216 N. 36th St., Nixa, MO 65714
        OK, Gary; the envelope is yours. 'Glad you could use them.

I've been "out" today, so I'll mail it tomorrow; Wednesday, January 12th. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X