CASO strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASO strikes again

A while back I picked up this home made adapter which allows you to use a Carter WE or Stromberg BXOV26 carb single barrel on a Studebaker V8 instead of the standard Stromberg WW 2 barrel.
    I wonder how it performed?? I wonder if he saved lots of dollars? I wonder why he did it??? How much time did it take to make this bracket? If I have them reproduced how many would I sell??
    I thought you could use a chuckle today Click image for larger version

Name:	A0318671-EA65-4959-B8B7-B020F067ED1C.jpeg
Views:	367
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	1927045
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Like you, I wonder how it performed. Maybe he had a missing or damaged 2 barrel, and a good single sitting around. And some time to kill. LOL

Comment

And to think how much I could have saved over my custom Quadrajet Spread Bore Chryco intake from Jeff!

Comment

Ingenuity!
        Did a Weber progressive 2bbl adapter for a Stude V8 years ago.
        Never did hear how it worked out...

Click image for larger version

Name:	PC290112.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1927058

Attached Files
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Deep, that is the carb that 'us' Jeepers like for daily drivers.....great mileage, good drive-ability and very good starting in cold weather. Also very popular with the foreign crowd along with the Pinto / Vega folks (any of them left out there ).

Comment

Originally posted by firestoper 25 View Post
            Deep, that is the carb that 'us' Jeepers like for daily drivers.....great mileage, good drive-ability and very good starting in cold weather. Also very popular with the foreign crowd along with the Pinto / Vega folks (any of them left out there ).
            Those were the stock carbs on all four Pinto's I've had (still have one). On one I replaced it with a Holley 390 four barrel and different cam. It REALLY woke it up! Mpg did drop...2 mpg; but that was also when we could get real gas. It would probably be way worse with today's excuse for gasoline.

Comment

• Topper2011
              Topper2011 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had a 1978 Ford Futura with the same engine and a 4 speed. What a gutless wonder, but it still got us to Yellowstone and back. I did install a header on it that did absolutely nothing for performance.

Ehh... I can't see anything good coming out of the one barrel adaptor; in fact, it looks like it would be feeding one bank of cylinders better than the other being offset like that.

The progressive 2 barrel does sound more interesting, and might not work out too bad depending on what your specific performance/drivability/fuel economy goals are. I'd probably be inclined to search out the smallest 4 barrel I could find instead, but this setup certainly would merit a closer look-see if I had one sitting around begging to be tested.
            Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              Ingenuity!
              Did a Weber progressive 2bbl adapter for a Stude V8 years ago.
              Never did hear how it worked out...

Click image for larger version

Name:	PC290112.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1927058

I had an adapter for a turbocharged Corvair to use a 2 barrel downdraft to replace the 1 barrel carb. I made an adapter to install the 2 barrel progressive Weber that I got off of a Ford Cortina GT. It worked quite well and added several pounds of boost. The single 1 barrel carb was how Chevy limited the boost.
              David L

Comment

Working...
              X