Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy New Year with a few Studes in review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year with a few Studes in review!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!
    We have been blessed with many things to be grateful for during the last year. Having a wonderful family and good friends, while being able to live each day and make the best of it, makes a wonderful recipe and gift to be thankful for.
    Rather than only dwelling on what we’ve been unable to do, use the humbling opportunity to conquer achieving the resolutions and projects that never seem to happen during normal busy years.
    Invest your time to earn later returns, and appreciate what you have.
    Enjoy every day you are blessed with and Make the Best of it.

We acquired 7 Vehicles during 2021.
    We only sold 2 and quickly gave away 1, so we are over our limit of 100 and have a New Years Resolution for a Diet!
    Linked is how we were able to give one away before bringing it home and was rescued from the demolition land fill.
    A few pictures and video of others.

We also enjoyed a Studebaker related boat.
    A highlight of the year was when my wonderful sister and her husband took us out Salmon fishing!

https://www.studebaker-museum.com/stories-articles

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	1926268
    Attached Files
    Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
    Bellingham, WA.

Have a Great New Year, we will all look forward to a Better Year!

Looks like you and Stephanie had a Good Stude. finding year, with Some really Good keepers for now anyway.

Super Cool . Website!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-01-2022, 10:32 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Great story and a successful rescue James.
      Thanks for keeping our marque alive and well.
      Happy New Year to you and Stephanie.
      Bill & Sonja (in the frozen north)

Comment

• Bellingham Studenut
        Bellingham Studenut commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Bill, I look forward getting the boarder back to normal for seeing our Canadian friends and more events.

One of the linked 1948 Champion article pictures, showing what the sign in the windshield said was amazing, but opposite of what I thought it would be...
        Some people will never part with their car.

Did you get your 57 Packard Wagon finished?
        Hope your keeping well and staying warm.
        James

Awesome. Love the Zip Van video! And I would LOVE to have the Wagonaire camper.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Tony from Lynden, WA did a Great job getting this '48 Champion Starlight Coupe back on the Road, from Post #1 in the Shed Pic to THIS Pic now: running, driving and stopping:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7145.JPG Views:	0 Size:	122.3 KB ID:	1926354 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7147.JPG Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	1926355
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Bellingham Studenut
          Bellingham Studenut commented
          Editing a comment
          Tony is also interested in the Linked picture of the Avanti that was rescued. It will be available to part or restore and Tony wants to get it on the road.

Happy New Year James & Steph.
        Thanks for your kind comments but things have not gone well over the last two years. With the USA/Canada border being pretty much closed we have been unable to get to Arizona to deal with our cars and stuff there. I had someone most interested in my '48 Starlight Coupe (TW Cover car Feb?)but that fell through. It's pretty tough dealing with things 2000 miles away.
        Regarding my '57 Clipper Wagon, it is stored with a pal in Arizona. I have the fresh numbers matching engine on a stand but no way to install it remotely. It is such a shame to get it this far in 10 years with no ability to bring it to fruition. Oh well sometimes life throws you a curve ball.
        We were fortunate to not be affected by all the fires and later flooding in BC. Were you guys OK?
        Happy New Year
        Bill & Sonja

Comment

Working...
        X