Free SDC advertising via EBAY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free SDC advertising via EBAY.

Something really cool. I am a serious collector of Studebaker memorabilia and, in that regard, I frequently buy items on EBAY. The last 2 items purchased came with a small SDC pamphlet informing me about our Club and inviting me to join. A neat way to reach new people not aware of what SDC has to offer.
    Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Were those called "The Studebaker Story -- What It's All About"? If so, the original text was written by Fred Fox 40 or so years ago. It has been updated several times since then, once by me when Fred was not available. We used to hand them out by the dozens, but I haven't seen one lately.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Folded, the pamphlet measures about 3" by 8" with 6 panels. Glossy paper and picturing a red 1950 car and a little girl on the cover. Emphasizes the club rather than the cpmpany. Very family oriented. No printing or copyright date found.
      Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

Studebaker International still includes some SDC Advertising Pamphlets, kind of randomly in some orders.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The new version will be released this year by the SDC. It has been rewritten and is in all color. Look for it in the coming months.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

In years past, when I was Keystone Region Raffle Car Chairman, I included one of these in the envelope in which the ticket stubs were returned to buyers who mailed their orders. If I remember correctly, the color brochure was developed by Tom Curtis. The little girl was his grand daughter. The other publication by Fred Fox was not on glossy paper and was titled " The history of Studebaker", I believe, and detailed Studebaker's history from Conestoga wagon times and also detailed Studebaker's ties to Onan, Gravely, and other Studebaker owned divisions, some of which are still in existence. I sent both, as there was no increase in the postage and it seemed a prudent was to get out unrealized information.

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
              The new version will be released this year by the SDC. It has been rewritten and is in all color. Look for it in the coming months.
              I believe a lot of vendors would be happy to include a flier in their packages. I would be glad to communicate this to the vendors. We just need a process where the vendors can request the fliers. I assume SDC will pick up the cost of mailing the fliers to the vendors.
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Milt email me later to or tomorrow and I'll have an answer for you
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                X