Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    I was not bothered by the background. In fact, my eye was drawn to the boy sitting on the wall. It almost appears to be an homage to the groom's past youth as he transitions to a husband and . . . maybe a dad? Nice touch.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Thanks for posting Brad.

It's nice to see folks wishing Merry Christmas with a memory that brought the couple and many others much joy and also shows a very nice 53 which also seems to means much to them in a manner they find appropriate.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

I think having the church they were married in in the background is a nice touch. In this case, the picture is about the event...not so much about the car.
    In general, I agree with you. It is the sign "growing out of them" that most bothers me. If the car was about 20 feet forward of where it is, I believe that it would have been in front of the church's entrance and much better for showing them, the car and the church.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    Very nice. It must have been an amateur photographer with that busy background. The car and the couple look good if the rest could be blocked out. I apologize for being negative, but that was my first impression of the picture.
    I think having the church they were married in in the background is a nice touch. In this case, the picture is about the event...not so much about the car.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Rafe Hollister View Post
    I like the casual 'hands in his pockets' thing.... one cool dude! Looks like the little boy may be emulating him. I actually own a Studebaker, why can't I get a gal!?
    PS... the edit option is back!
    My, to be wife, wanted to meet me because of my nice Studebaker ('57 President Classic - three years old at the time).

Leave a comment:

• Rafe Hollister
    replied
    I like the casual 'hands in his pockets' thing.... one cool dude! Looks like the little boy may be emulating him. I actually own a Studebaker, why can't I get a gal!?
    PS... the edit option is back!

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    It must have been an amateur photographer with that busy background.
    Photo taken by the parents.
    He had the car for the weekend, so this was at the rehearsal.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Very nice. It must have been an amateur photographer with that busy background. The car and the couple look good if the rest could be blocked out. I apologize for being negative, but that was my first impression of the picture.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    started a topic Loaned my '53 out for a wedding

Loaned my '53 out for a wedding

I loaned a co-worker my '53 for his wedding in October.
    This is the Christmas card his parents are sending out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	John and Torrey.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1923679

Working...
X