Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loaned my '53 out for a wedding

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Loaned my '53 out for a wedding


    I loaned a co-worker my '53 for his wedding in October.
    This is the Christmas card his parents are sending out.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	John and Torrey.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1923679





    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

  • #2
    Very nice. It must have been an amateur photographer with that busy background. The car and the couple look good if the rest could be blocked out. I apologize for being negative, but that was my first impression of the picture.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by studegary View Post
      It must have been an amateur photographer with that busy background.
      Photo taken by the parents.
      He had the car for the weekend, so this was at the rehearsal.





      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

      Comment


      • #4
        I like the casual 'hands in his pockets' thing.... one cool dude! Looks like the little boy may be emulating him. I actually own a Studebaker, why can't I get a gal!?
        PS... the edit option is back!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rafe Hollister View Post
          I like the casual 'hands in his pockets' thing.... one cool dude! Looks like the little boy may be emulating him. I actually own a Studebaker, why can't I get a gal!?
          PS... the edit option is back!
          My, to be wife, wanted to meet me because of my nice Studebaker ('57 President Classic - three years old at the time).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

          SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Very nice. It must have been an amateur photographer with that busy background. The car and the couple look good if the rest could be blocked out. I apologize for being negative, but that was my first impression of the picture.
            I think having the church they were married in in the background is a nice touch. In this case, the picture is about the event...not so much about the car.
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

              I think having the church they were married in in the background is a nice touch. In this case, the picture is about the event...not so much about the car.
              In general, I agree with you. It is the sign "growing out of them" that most bothers me. If the car was about 20 feet forward of where it is, I believe that it would have been in front of the church's entrance and much better for showing them, the car and the church.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

              SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for posting Brad.

                It's nice to see folks wishing Merry Christmas with a memory that brought the couple and many others much joy and also shows a very nice 53 which also seems to means much to them in a manner they find appropriate.

                Bob

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was not bothered by the background. In fact, my eye was drawn to the boy sitting on the wall. It almost appears to be an homage to the groom's past youth as he transitions to a husband and . . . maybe a dad? Nice touch.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

                  Sol Lucet Omnibus

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X