Tinplate '54 coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinplate '54 coupe.

Tinplate '54 coupe. The latest gem in my collection. Found it on Ebay. 9" long, and in fantastic shape for its age. The friction motor and wipers still work.
    I feel like a kid at Christmas. (I'm glad I was a kid in the '50s. We had the best toys.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010006.JPG Views:	153 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	1923424 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010007 (4).JPG Views:	153 Size:	53.0 KB ID:	1923425
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010001 (3).JPG Views:	164 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	1923420 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010002 (3).JPG Views:	152 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	1923421 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010003 (3).JPG Views:	152 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	1923422 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010004.JPG Views:	153 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	1923423
    Last edited by MarkCrowel; 12-16-2021, 08:43 AM.

Very nice! You must have managed to stay off of Santas naughty list.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I had to be my own Santa Claus this year!

Comment

Does go to show you how much the Quality has improved over 67 Years, Models and Toys nowadays are extremely Accurate and to correct scale.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'm more of a toy car collector than a scale auto enthusiast. It's a nostalgia thing.
          Last edited by MarkCrowel; 12-14-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I think we are comparing apples to oranges...Scale models are exactly that and intended as exact scaled-down versions of the real object. Toys intended mainly for child's play are often cartoon-like caricatures of the item that inspired them. The true "toys" are free to take great license in how they are made. Child's play allows us to overlook the reality of the things depicted because they are intended for imaginary play. Of course, there is an entire segment of our society whose grasp on reality is always a moving target and they somehow never get over child's play and think they can merely reimagine everything and expect everyone else to go along with their version of reality????

For our hobby, pedal cars & child's play toys (especially for the 1950s and '60s) are caricatures of the real vehicles they represent.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

There's no controversy here. I like all things Studebaker, and I enjoy this toy, and I thought the rest of you would too. Just wanted to share it, that's all. Happy Holidays, everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X