1/25 scale 56J - Sunglow over Yellowstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/25 scale 56J - Sunglow over Yellowstone

Finished at long last! This project was started about 10 years ago, set aside and then resumed this year. It's based on an old and fairly crude resin body kit made by the defunct R&R Resin. A 1953 Commander kit is needed as a parts donor and the 352 Sky Power and various other detail parts had to be built from scratch. One of the things I like most about this model is the paint job's poetic name. I just had to use this color scheme! The original colors paint is a custom mix from Model Car World.
    I hope you like! And thanks to everyone on the forum who answered questions when I had them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP5392.JPG Views:	0 Size:	51.2 KB ID:	1923013
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP5377.JPG Views:	0 Size:	45.5 KB ID:	1923014
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP5384.JPG Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	1923015
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP5383.JPG Views:	0 Size:	37.4 KB ID:	1923016
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP5380.JPG Views:	0 Size:	38.3 KB ID:	1923017
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_92635.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1923012
    Manuel J. Martinez
    Baton Rouge, LA

That’s gorgeous! When I use to build models they always looked like a bunch of glued parts. Your talented, that’s outstanding workmanship…Mike
    Last edited by Silverplate; 12-06-2021, 05:26 AM.
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Comment

l echo the above comment! LIKE (click)!
      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Excellent, detailed work. Love the color combo.

Comment

Can't beat your craftmanship!!!
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

WOW!! What a beautiful model. I've always wondered if anyone built a 56GH from one of those resin kits. It looks so realistic! You could place it at a distance next to my full size Sunglow and Yellowstone car and you would never know it was a model .

Gus

Comment

WOW! What a phenomenal piece of work! I have a '53 coupe that I started on a few years ago. This may be just the thing to get me back on that model again.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by AD56GH View Post
                WOW!! What a beautiful model. I've always wondered if anyone built a 56GH from one of those resin kits. It looks so realistic! You could place it at a distance next to my full size Sunglow and Yellowstone car and you would never know it was a model .

Gus
                Thanks, Gus. I doubt that very many of those kits ever got built. It was a real bear that almost beat me...twice! BTW, I would LOVE to see some photos of your car. That's a very scarce color combo but I knew it was right as soon as I saw it.
                Manuel J. Martinez
                Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Classy color combo!
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Here is a picture of the 56J

Gus

Comment

Thanks, Gus! That's a beautiful car. I wish I could have made my model look half as good as the real thing.
                      Manuel J. Martinez
                      Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Super nice! Many hours spent I'm sure.
                        sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                        1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                        1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                        1963 8E28 GSA order
                        1963 8E5 SOLD!
                        1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Working...