1949 Champion 6 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 Champion 6 Rebuild

Hi. It’s looking like I may need an engine rebuild on my 2R5 pickup. I live near San Antonio Texas.

there doesn’t seem to be much Studebaker support in the area.

Does anyone know of a experienced engine rebuilder in that area?

Are there any club members near me who might want to offer technical advice?

Thanks,

Azgard

There is a club member and mechanic who has all the tools/machinery needed to rebuild your champion motor located just outside of Lampasas. He does all kinds of mechanical Studebaker work as well. Prices for parts are not going to be cheap - get your pocketbook ready. http://www.studebakervendors.com/frank/index.htm Good luck.
    Last edited by 62champ; 11-26-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I can save you some $$ on the engine parts: www.texasstudebakerranch.com
      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Thanks guys.. I’m measuring bearings now.

good oil pressure (40psi) when cold but the pressure drops to near 0 after warming up and I get a slight knock.

exhaust is not smoking much.

Comment

Originally posted by Azgard View Post
          I’m measuring bearings now.

good oil pressure (40psi) when cold but the pressure drops to near 0 after warming up and I get a slight knock.
          What weight oil are you currently running? Higher the number, more "slack" it will take up between those bearings and moving parts.

Comment

I was using 40 wt . I’ll switch t20-50 at to see if that helps.

Comment

Also does anyone know if a Ford Ranger rear rear nd will fit I. My ‘49 2R5? Kit had a 4.82. I can’t find a 3.73.

Comment

Working...
              X