The first Studebaker club in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first Studebaker club in the world

Does any of you guys know if there was ever a club devoted to Studebaker in the USA or else where before Studebaker Drivers Club was founded in 1962? In Sweden, where I live, Studebakerklubben-Sweden is celebratings it’s 20:th anniversary this year, but I have just found out that there has been another club in Sweden, called Studebaker Club, that was founded as early as 1952, and I wonder if that could have been the first Studebaker club in the world?
    Bengt
    Bengt Engwall
    1953 Commander Starliner

The Studebaker Drivers Club, Intl. was founded in 1962. We have chapters worldwide.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I think the SDC was probably the first club that had the approval of the Studebaker Corporation. Possibly clubs outside of the USA would have made sense given the rarity of local dealerships?

Comment

I hope that as much info as possible about that early club comes in the swedish magazine Bengt...

Comment

I sure will Nox, look for our newsletter, the Bullet News, n 4 of 2021 that will be published in a few weeks.
          Bengt Engwall
          1953 Commander Starliner

Comment

I don't know about this being the first club but back in 1957 there was a club called the Studebaker hawks, it was in the San Francisco bay area and started by Gary Talbert, I think he lives in the Kansas City area now. I have seen him here on the forum in the past.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Working...
            X