Champ cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ cab

I have a Champ cab which has 3 pressings above the rear window. Could anybody tell me what year that was used? I have 61 Champ and that doesn't have the pressing.
    Thanks
    Peter

Originally posted by 63r2 View Post
    I have a Champ cab which has 3 pressings above the rear window. Could anybody tell me what year that was used? I have 61 Champ and that doesn't have the pressing.
    Thanks
    Peter
    I have a 1960 Champ and it has the 3 pressings above the rear window. Jim
    sigpic
    Jim

Comment

A good friend and SDC member has a lovely 60 Champ and he tells me the "pressings" are unique to a 60 cab. Apparently it had to do with the way the bodies were dropped when they were assembled at the factory.
      Bob
      Bob
      Welland Ontario
      60 Lark Convertible
      64 Daytona
      sigpic
      "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
        A good friend and SDC member has a lovely 60 Champ and he tells me the "pressings" are unique to a 60 cab. Apparently it had to do with the way the bodies were dropped when they were assembled at the factory.
        Bob
        These are not mistakes Bob, they are very nice looking rectangular Impressions caused by the original 1960 only Die.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you gents.
          I thought it would most likely be an early cab rather than a late one.
          Yes they are rectangular shaped as StudeRich stated and part of the original stamping of the metal. I wonder why they disappeared?
          pb

Comment

I was told by an elderly Studebaker employee that after the 1st year they changed how the cab was delivered to the chassis so those indentions were no longer needed.
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Indications are those dimples above the rear window carried over into early ‘61. Possibly using up older stamping before starting with the smooth versions. Photos on the 1961 Champ registry show a couple examples.

Comment

Working...
              X