No announcement yet.

Mcacan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob P, looks like you needed some cotton swabs to get the corners of your smile out of your ears after sitting in the convertible. Looks like you're about ready to drive it out of the convention hall and back to Brownsburg.
    Mark L

Comment

Thank you very Much Jeff and Craig for the excellent Pictures of this really cool event!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

More photos from MCACAN last weekend:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CS6P3541.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1921647 Click image for larger version

Name:	CS6P3543.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1921648 Click image for larger version

Name:	CS6P3497.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1921649 Click image for larger version

Name:	CS6P3448.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1921650 Click image for larger version

Name:	CS6P3553.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1921651 Click image for larger version

Name:	CS6P3453.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1921652 Click image for larger version

Name:	CS6P3482.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1921653

Lew Schucart
        Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
          Bob P, looks like you needed some cotton swabs to get the corners of your smile out of your ears after sitting in the convertible. Looks like you're about ready to drive it out of the convention hall and back to Brownsburg.
          Indeed, Mark; it was 'way cool!

As you know, Jeff Bradel and that '63 Super Lark convertible live in Virginia. The last time I expressed an interest in a Daytona convertible in Virginia, I ended up owning it, so who knows?

In 2007, I saw our late forum friend Leonard Shepherd Jr. at the SDC National Meet in South Bend in July. I was still looking for an affordable Astra White 1964 Daytona convertible to complete my set of all four 1964 Daytona models in Astra White. I knew Leonard owned an Astra White 1964 Daytona convertible and had for some time, so I asked him if I could have first dibs on it if he ever wanted to sell it.

That was in July 2007. At the time, he said, "Well, if my remodeling business doesn't improve in the next couple of months, I'll be calling you!" Indeed he did and not long after that, in October 2007, my wife and I used her fall break from teaching school to go get Leonard's car! It worked out well because forum member Gary Hearn had located a circa-1900 Studebaker buggy he wanted to buy, located only 23 miles north of us. So, I was able to bring that buggy to Richmond VA on my trailer, drop it off, and pick up Leonard's convertible.

It came out later that since Leonard's convertible was sold new in nearby Charlottesville, several SDCers, friends of Leonard's in the area, knew of the car and would like to have bought it. Leonard said he sold it to me because that was the easiest way to maintain all his area friendships; had he sold to a local member, others would have been mad at him, so he said that since everyone knew I'd take good care of it, it was easier to get it out of central Virginia and keep peace among his friends. You never know... BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Mark L
            Mark L commented
            Editing a comment
            Either keep the peace, or make all of them mad at the same time!
        Working...
        X