Mcacan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcacan

Where are all the pictures from this years show?
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Plenty on, hate to say it, Facebook
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Including my favorite, Jeff B’s awesome r2 Lark convertible

(Sorry, this was supposed to be part of the previous post)
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

MCACN was the most fun I've had in a long time but also one of the most exhausting weekends I've ever had! It was amazing.

we had several cars win awards, S2D won the top award it was eligible for, scoring a Blue Ribbon Award. Fred's gorgeous gold Avanti took home two awards including judges pick for nicest stock Studebaker and Justin's GT Hawk and another Avanti also brought home some hardware. It was an impressive group of cars. Here are some pics.

Comment

Here are some more pictures. I was blown away that S2D scored so well in judging and it lost a few points due to rookie mistakes. But we had an amazing group of cars and seeing the #8 Avanti in person was incredible. Craig's restoration on Fred's Avanti was show stopping as well.

Comment

Ed George does not get enough credit for all that he does. He was everywhere doing everything. We are lucky to have him champion the Studebaker brand.

Comment

We had a great time talking to some great Stude people and seeing some beautiful Studes. Ed did a fantastic job of getting together another interesting as well as arresting display of cars- one could not walk by without stopping to look! It was nice meeting some folks in person who we only "see" on the Forum.
              Rob in PA.

Comment

AMEN to all that has been said; Ed George is THE Man when it comes to MCACN and Studebakers; thanks again, Ed.

It was great to see the two Justins (Cole and Laird)...and to see the only Horizon Green R2 1964 Hawk ever built, done up so beautifully...and all the way from California. Thanks for seeing that it was there, Justin Laird; 'good to see you again. (The fellow here in Brownsburg IN from whom Justin bought the car, Rock Kelly, brought his adult sons to the show to see it "all done" and was bowled over by what a wonderful job Justin Laird did restoring the car. When you start with a California car that has never been even remotely rusty, it's a whole lot easier than many cars sourced elsewhere, 'for sure! )

Also congrats and many thanks to Jeff Bradel for the great display documenting the 1963 R2/4-speed convertible I had the pleasure of seeing when it was brand new at Childers Studebaker at age 17(!), and watching Salesman Jim Franklin campaign it at Indianapolis Raceway Park in the summer of '63.

Again, thanks so much to all who put forth the effort to showcase Studebakers every year at The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals. Greatly appreciated by the whole Studebaker community. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow! Once again, Studebaker is so well represented at this event. All of them were just beautiful. And a special shout out to Ed who seems to have boundless energy.
                  Did anyone of you who made it to this event get any sense of the reaction or attitudes of the non-Studebaker participants and visitors to the individual cars or overall representation of the marque?
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Looks like a wonderful turn out another great lineup of spectacular Studebaker‘s and another great year for Studebaker‘s. And congratulations Ed for the fabulous job you’ve done once again. And Bob there you are a kid in the candy store stepping back into your past and reliving your teenage years. I envy all Who got to go. Great job everyone. Maybe once again the whistle Will make an appearance at that spectacular show. Thanks John

Comment

Commander Eddie I had a tremendous response from non Studebaker people. Three people in particular stood out, the owner of the famous Black Ghost Challenger (426 Hemi Challenger from Detroit, great video on it on YouTube). He really liked the history behind the #8 Avanti and Gary showed him around the car and he was really quite impressed with it. A guy who owns a '54 Corvette loved S2D and loved talking about it and his love of Studebakers and his mom's 50 Champion from when he was a kid. He asked to stay in touch and let him know when I go to other big shows, he'd be happy to bring his '54 Vette to the show to show early American sports cars. And a guy from Germany (I can't remember his name unfortunately) absolutely fawned over S2D and Justin's GT Hawk. His collection of 60's and 70's Corvettes in Germany was extremely impressive, he owns several big ticket Corvette's and came up to the Studebaker stand multiple times to discuss. I got a ton of compliments from people with all kinds of cars, Shelby Mustangs, GTO's, ect ect ect from being in the main lobby. People going to the sports card show on the second level also stopped and looked at S2D. I also had several people come up to me with other cars at the show say they had Studes at home or in the past and the car parked closest to me was an Angilia gasser and he is about to start on a '53 Stude gasser next for himself. The gasser at the show was over the top cool. Multiple people proclaimed that they weren't necessarily Studebaker fans but would have made me an offer if they thought I might be tempted to selling (i'm not so don't ask :-) ) It was a GREAT show and Ed and everyone else at the show really knocked it out of the park. Ed is a great guy and he kept saying what a team effort it was to display the cars and for a newbie, i have nothing but good things to say about the entire event.

Comment

Originally posted by studejohn View Post
                        Looks like a wonderful turn out another great lineup of spectacular Studebaker‘s and another great year for Studebaker‘s. And congratulations Ed for the fabulous job you’ve done once again. And Bob there you are a kid in the candy store stepping back into your past and reliving your teenage years. I envy all Who got to go. Great job everyone. Maybe once again the whistle Will make an appearance at that spectacular show.
                        Yes, John. you were missed! We all wished you could have been there to join in the fun!

Again, Ed did another fantastic job of organizing the Studebaker display, by getting six 1963 Avantis and all six colors offered that year.

And Bob also got his chance to sit inside the '63 convertible like he did with The Whistler!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	21MCA004.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	1921579 Click image for larger version

Name:	21MCA003.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	1921580

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cole View Post
                          MCACN was the most fun I've had in a long time but also one of the most exhausting weekends I've ever had! It was amazing.
                          It sure was fun! Already looking forward to next year's show!! S2D looked awesome displayed in the lobby. Click image for larger version

Name:	21MCA005.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	1921583
                          Craig

Comment

Got to say, Ed and family did a great job; wish I could have been there. Hopefully next year won’t be so hectic on the home front. Even Eddie Jr’s car in the barn find section looked cool. Good showing Guys.

Comment

There is also a picture of #8 at the show on the Hemmings website.
                              https://www.hemmings.com/stories/gal...s-2021-gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X