Ricky Nelson Avanti For Sale on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Nelson Avanti For Sale on Ebay

Here is an Avanti that the vendor claims belonged to Ricky Nelson. It is on Ebay and here is the link for it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/26536717392...EAAOSwTBhhbgWF The owner of this car is not too far from my home according to the phone number.

Roly Lusted, Past President Hamilton Chapter SDC
    http://www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Hamilto...64400/?fref=ts

Nice looking car. Never saw one in that color before.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Documentation not mentioned?
      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
        Nice looking car. Never saw one in that color before.
        The owner/seller states "This car was stripped to bare glass then painted the wrong color from an owner who enjoyed Corvette yellow. The car was originally Avanti Gold."
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Why would someone do that with a car with such famous provenance? Seems pretty dumb to me.

I know, I know "his car, his choice," but then why try to sell it at a premium by claiming it to be Ricky's car?
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Agreed, I don't like the yellow and question the provenance, but since Avanti Parts and Service supposedly did the work on the car, perhaps a call would reveal a lot.
            Ron Dame
            '63 Champ

Comment

This car was owned owned by Don Simmons , our stainless exhaust vender , for years . Don brought the car into Canada way back when . Don wasn’t the guy who changed the color but the guy he sold it to did 🤷‍♂️
              if anyone is interested in this car they probably should give Don a call , he’d know more about it then anyone else .
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

There is no secret as to Ricky Nelsons Avanti. I just recently posted its history on another site. It was 63R-1431 and was purchased new from Coventry Motors in Beverly Hills, CA in
                October 1962. Yes it was gold with black vinyl trim and had an automatic with power steering, air conditioning, TT and electric windows but no white wall tires. Back in 2003 I corresponded with the then owner Neil Fawcett in Redford, Michigan.

I have a rather long list of notables who owned Avantis. Here is a little quiz for you. Who is the only Oscar winner to have purchased a new Avanti? Note this person was an actor or actress. Once you have had a chance to chew on that #2 is: who is the only Olympic gold medal winner (twice in track and field) to have purchased a new Avanti (clue: he is still alive).
                Attached Files
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Richard and I are both on this SDC Forum in the middle of the night - 4:07 AM and 4:14 AM.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                    There is no secret as to Ricky Nelsons Avanti. I just recently posted its history on another site. It was 63R-1431 and was purchased new from Coventry Motors in Beverly Hills, CA in
                    October 1962. Yes it was gold with black vinyl trim and had an automatic with power steering, air conditioning, TT and electric windows but no white wall tires. Back in 2003 I corresponded with the then owner Neil Fawcett in Redford, Michigan.

I have a rather long list of notables who owned Avantis. Here is a little quiz for you. Who is the only Oscar winner to have purchased a new Avanti? Note this person was an actor or actress. Once you have had a chance to chew on that #2 is: who is the only Olympic gold medal winner (twice in track and field) to have purchased a new Avanti (clue: he is still alive).
                    Has to be Frank Sinatra. As to second question...did this person purchase the Avanti new?

Comment

No, not Frank Sinatra. Yes it was purchased new by both the Oscar winner and the Olympic gold medal winner.
                      Richard Quinn
                      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Sold by a 1st. Time eBay seller or buyer with 0 feedback, I am pretty sure he is an OK Guy, but that doesn't help his Sale.
                        Maybe THIS will!

"I will cover shipping costs anywhere in North America or Europe".

I have NEVER seen THAT offered! .
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I like the yellow. Matches the one pictured on my decades old AMT Avanti model boxes.
                          Classic classic.

Comment

StudeRich ……met this guy last year at a cruise night , he came and talked to me since I had the only Studebaker at the cruise . He told me that he had bought this car , which I was already familiar with since the owner of the car lives only about 5 miles from me . The way he was talking I kind of figured he bought it to flip and make money ….guess I was right 😉
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                              No, not Frank Sinatra. Yes it was purchased new by both the Oscar winner and the Olympic gold medal winner.
                              Well I understand Frank did own an Avanti at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X