Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking anything related to Childers Studebaker in Indianapolis, IN in 1963 and 64'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abkco
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

Bonus: the Aero-Strut wheel cover in the background
    Jeff B. gets credit for that too! Thanks again. Justin

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    Now there's two good Studebaker friends right there! Hope to see you both soon!

Bonus: the Aero-Strut wheel cover in the background

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    AHA!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	21MCA002.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	1921493

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied
    "Immediate Financing On the Spot!" Yes. The American Dream. "Just sign here."

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by studefan View Post
    I have that one Bob. Thank you for asking.
    OK, Jeff. I wish I had more items Childers-specific, but I went through my entire "1963" box and found nothing else. I'll see if there's anything in the 1964 box (nothing I can remember), but I don't think he survived into the 1965 model year. BP

Leave a comment:

• studefan
    replied
    I have that one Bob. Thank you for asking.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    You have this one, don't you, Jeff? If not, I have the original and will copy it and send you the copy. Let me know.

(I'm sorry it isn't dated, but on the back of this clipping is a reference to "March 16" with no year given. We may assume that is March 16, 1963, about the time Paul Childers bought the franchise and dealership property from retiring Roy Gale.) BP

Click image for larger version  Name:	childersstudebaker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.3 KB ID:	1917162
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• J_Cole
    replied
    I'm excited to see the car next month!!

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    Sounds like you’re very special car Could this be the surprise car for this years MCACA show. If so the cats out of the bag Let’s see some pictures and more information on how it did back in the day. Thanks John

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by studefan View Post
    I have a black 1963 Lark R2 convertible that was purchased by Childers Studebaker, worked on by mechanic Harry Weber, and drag raced by the dealership at tracks around the Indianapolis, IN including Indianapolis Raceway Park.

I am making a poster board about the car and I'm interested in anything you have related to this dealership.
    Is this for MCACN next month?

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Seeking anything related to Childers Studebaker in Indianapolis, IN in 1963 and 64'

I have a black 1963 Lark R2 convertible that was purchased by Childers Studebaker, worked on by mechanic Harry Weber, and drag raced by the dealership at tracks around the Indianapolis, IN including Indianapolis Raceway Park.

I am making a poster board about the car and I'm interested in anything you have related to this dealership. I am aware of the Bob Johnstone dealership site which has some information.

Please let me know what you might have. I would be interested in purchasing the item(s) or paying for photocopying, etc. if you don't want to sell the item.

Any information at all would be very much appreciated. It's a bit time sensitive so replies sooner would be great. Thanks, Jeff
Working...
X