Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another President being added to Mount Rushmore (gosh, I hope it isn't too political...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another President being added to Mount Rushmore (gosh, I hope it isn't too political...)

What do you think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mount Rushmore.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1915932
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Haha...CLICKBAIT title got me.😁
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

They were going to put President ---------------- there, but they didn't have room enough for another two faces.

JT

Comment

Tourist draw though it may be, to the original Americans it is a constant reminder of the price of avarice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mt rushmore.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1915954
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thanks to Cary's stronghold, Eva Marie Saint is now 97 years old!

sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I've been out there on a motorcycle quite a few times. Riding (or driving) on Needles Highway through Custer State Park allows you to see Mt Rushmore framed in the tunnels drilled through the rocks. It's pretty spectacular. And all the stuff you can see out there on Needles Highway really drives home that what God created is orders of magnitude more beautiful and meaningful than what Man creates. Each time I've been in the visitors center at Mt. Rushmore I've asked a park ranger if there are tours of the secret spy landing strip on top. They get it. Oh, and if you still have a ViewMaster lying around, you can get reels of Custer and Mt. Rushmore! They are great!

Comment

Not an item for here
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
              X