No announcement yet.

Packard Hawk Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw my first Packard Hawk at the 1983 North Central Zone Meet in Golden, CO. I wonder who owns it today?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080849.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1912094

Comment

I have a copy of the PH roster list that Mike Williams made up. If anyone wants a copy of it please send me a email. My email address is jdavidengler@gmail.com
      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
      J.D.

Comment

There is a group on Facebook, they require membership to get access to what information; https://www.facebook.com/groups/138565176180066

I know of a fellow who is restoring one in St. Louis, MO. I just sold him a McCulloch VS 57 SC and he expressed interest in a registry. He has some information already I believe. Many months back there was a very rough one for sale in, I think, in the Balston Spa, NY area.
        Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
        ______

'51 Muntz Jet
        '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
        '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
        '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
        '56 Corvette SR replica

Comment

I will be selling my two Packard Hawks this coming spring including a large hoard of N.O.S. parts.
          Sorry to hijack this thread.
          Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Originally posted by vetteson View Post
            There is a group on Facebook, they require membership to get access to what information; https://www.facebook.com/groups/138565176180066

I know of a fellow who is restoring one in St. Louis, MO. I just sold him a McCulloch VS 57 SC and he expressed interest in a registry. He has some information already I believe. Many months back there was a very rough one for sale in, I think, in the Balston Spa, NY area.
            Who is restoring one in St. Louis? I'm near there and haven't heard about it through the grapevine.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

As I recall here on the forum sometime last year there was a rare rare rare ( redundant isn't it) rough Packard Hawk for sale with a 3 speed overdrive and A/C. What happened to that car that would be worth saving?

Bob Miles
              That would be a ghost rider in the sky Packard Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post

Who is restoring one in St. Louis? I'm near there and haven't heard about it through the grapevine.
                I only know him through Ebay because he purchased a VS 57 supercharger from me. His name is Anthony Simmons. You can try to reach him through his Ebay name onest8. We talked over the phone and it's a car he has always wanted.
                Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
                ______

'51 Muntz Jet
                '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
                '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
                '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
                '56 Corvette SR replica

Comment

I don't know if it's still there, but while looking for directions to Darryl Starbird's museum, I stumbled into an old DX gas station in 2011. It was in Afton, OK and they had converted it into a Rt 66 trinket/souvenir store. The owner correctly assumed I was a car guy (I was driving a Vette), so lead me into a room to look at couple old Packards he had. One was a '57-'58 4-door and the other was a '58 Hawk. The documentation indicated it was owned by David M. Kane from Darien, CT (who might have been the store owner too) and had won a top award at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. Then in another room was a Huppmobile SkyLark, a '30's Packard based motorhome, and a '34 Packard V-12 2-dr coupe with rumble seat (Greenwich, CT Concours), along with a few more cars where I didn't take pictures.
                  The "Afton Station" was still active in 2018, according to Google Earth streetview.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	a2 084.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1928791

Comment

Working...
                  X