Iowa or nearby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa or nearby...

I posted this in a previous thread but wanted to check again in case it wasnt read. There was a (quite horrible really)Lark in Iowa I am interested in but being here in Virginia cant just go get and it sure isnt worth shipping. I was hoping someone might be close enough to help secure it and one way or another get the brakes done so I could take her home. Expenses covered of course. If interested email for details or post.

Thanks,

Hank

Iowa is a pretty big state. What part of Iowa is it in?

Comment

Sorry, I should have said, it is Garwin, looking at the map it looks right near center.

Comment

Think it over carefully, having brought back a bunch of them. You may fix the brakes, get 50 miles a lose a fuel pump, go anther 100 and find the oil hose blew and so on. I've fixed a dozen items before I can leave the garage on a car that's sat for even a few years.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP is right.

What he suggests are only things that need fixing. What if a rusty brake line lets go, etc.

Call U-Haul, rent a trailer in Iowa and tow it home. Could make a nice vacation sometime later in the year.

Otherwise, I'd find the cheapest trucking company and ship it home.

JMHO, Bob

Comment

Sorry, it's quite a ways from me, and the temp right now is about -5, supposed to be -13 in the morning. It's going to warm up this weekend, though, they predict 20 degrees for a high on Saturday. How soon do you want this thing anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by ISpy
              "There was a (quite horrible really)Lark in Iowa I am interested in..."

Hank, If you want a horrible Lark, go get this one. It's a lot closer to you, seriously.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=#ht_500wt_980

Comment

Thanks for the replies, they are much appreciated. This is probably the last thing I need to put on my plate but the devil in my ear temps me so...While it is 8 shades of ugly it is a whole lot better off than that convertible.

Comment

Working...
                X