Bonneville 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonneville 2021

Found this pic on the Hot Rod newsletter.
    Attached Files

That's pretty neat!!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Bonneville is not far from me here. World finals starts on Sep. 28th. I might have to get out there and take a look.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

There will be a write up in a future issue of Turning Wheels…Mike
        Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
        Fort Worth, TX

Comment

That pic is pure poetry ! ! !

Comment

I was there in 2010 with my brother and his racing team. They were pitted right next to Dave Bloomberg with his 216 mph Avanti. What a great time that was. If you have not been out there to watch the speed runs I highly recommend it. The movies just don't give you the sense of the grandeur of Bonneville. And I will have to look through my photos to see if the subject of this post was there in 2010.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
              I was there in 2010 with my brother and his racing team. They were pitted right next to Dave Bloomberg with his 216 mph Avanti. What a great time that was. If you have not been out there to watch the speed runs I highly recommend it. The movies just don't give you the sense of the grandeur of Bonneville. And I will have to look through my photos to see if the subject of this post was there in 2010.
              This is absolutely the truth. I wish it was closer to the east coast. I would love to be able be there for Speed Weeks every chance I got.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

When my wife first came to Bonneville in 1995, she said "This is the most nothing I've ever seen." as she surveyed the vast expanse of the Great Salt Desert. Even though she enjoyed the cars, she hasn't been back.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA53E8FE-EFD5-496C-A77A-7472F776B1A9.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1909712
                  Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                  Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Is camping allowed on the salt during the meet?

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
                      No camping on the salt.
                      The bureau of land management has very tight controls on everything out there.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
                        There is camping at the Bend In The Road which is about a mile from the entrance to the salt. There are also RV hookups in Wendover.

Comment

The bureau of land management has very tight controls on everything out there.
                          But they let potash corporations do whatever the hell they want on and with the salt.

The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                          X