Barrett Jackson Auction in Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett Jackson Auction in Phoenix

Since about 15 of us are making the annual trek to the auction I looked at the list of entries to find any interesting Studebakers. The second car that will go up for sale on Tuesday is a 1963 Cruiser that I am almost certain came from the estate of the former Anoka dealer in MN. He bought the car at an auction with 5,000 miles and the 9800 or so miles listed are real and the velour interior was also real. If I remember correctly it was a Canadian car.
    Two other custom Studies plus a frame off (according to the description) 58 Packard Hawk with added air and a 55 Packard Carribean are also on the list. It will be interesting to see what these get in today's economy.
    Brian Millette
    Classic 57

Has BJ lifted the "no reserve" policy yet??

Comment

This was also posted on this thread.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=24803

Barrett-Jackson has no reserve.

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Still all no reserve. There are more buy backs than they want to admit. Costs 18% + entry fee. Russo-Steele is all reserve.
        Denny L

Comment

I wonder if they left the original factory grease pencil markings on the passenger side firewall in their engine compartment clean up? The interior was not special it was a Crusier cloth interior. This interior was paired with this color and the Rivera blue cars. If it is the car from MN, it is a beautiful car. He also had a 63 Lark conv which I liked a lot more. He was a great guy. He did some work on my cars. The work was top notch yet under-priced. He truly loved Studebakers. This guy could rattle off part numbers like I had never witnessed before and never to be duplicated again. I think his name was Lawrence. He and a Studebaker guy named Howard from Atlantic IA will always remain in my mind in going above and beyond in helping me keep my cars on the road.

Comment

If folks are around I should be at Barrett Jackson this friday (1/16). I'm hoping to at least get an opportunity to take some pictures. Will post what I get.

Jody

--
            http://www.theymightberacing.com

Comment

First or second car across BJ's block today is a Studebaker. It will be interesting to see what it brings on opening day.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I see tonight BG is on speed channel at 7 pm ...hope they happen to show some highlites of that Cruiser going across the block !

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                1964 Daytona HT
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The '63 Lark Cruiser sold a little bit ago. It went for $8,800. I'm waiting to find out about the Healey boat.

--

Comment

The owner won't be very happy with that . I think he wanted something like $14,000 for it 2 years ago .

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ
                    1964 Daytona HT
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That $8,800 includes the 10% buyer's premium; so it only did $8K Wonder if the seller will "buy" it back...?

And, the Healey boat went for $12,100.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I thought the price for the Nash Metropolitan and BMW Isetta closing prices interesting.

--

Comment

The silver 51 kustom will be sold on saturday.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

BJ will allow the owner to buy it back but he still must pay all of the fees including the 15% sellers fee. So if closing price was 8K, it cost him $1200 plus all of the other fees to sell the car. If lucky he may have netted $5K. Could have sold it to one of us for that price without all of the hassle.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

That Packard Hawk is the one that was put together by a guy in TX. It has a white vinyl interior and a home made fan shroud on the radiator. It also has a primer cup on the carb surround that I have no idea why? Maybe needs a rebuild of the carb? It has been put up for sale several times the last couple of years. It was originaly an all Parchment White car. It will be interesting to see what it sells for. I think it goes on the block on Thursday.

Mike
                              www.packardhawk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X