Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker club meet (7/17/2021) Vadstena Sweden, borrowed from the AACA Studebaker Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker club meet (7/17/2021) Vadstena Sweden, borrowed from the AACA Studebaker Forum

This meet yesterday (7/17/2021) in Sweden was posted to the AACA Studebaker-Erskine-Rockne Forum, and simply has to be shared here; with apologies for not asking permission of the Swedish Car Nut.
    Lots of pictures.

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/365753...dstena-sweden/

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Thanks. Interesting. A couple look like cars that I owned years ago. I guess that is possible.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Great show? Anyone count all the Studebakers? Has Sweden always been left hand drive like the U. S? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob;
        Sweden changed from right hand drive to left hand about in 1967. When I was there; they had changed the signs; if I recall correctly were still driving on the Right. We left the car in Copenhagen. and took the Hydro Foil to Malmo Sweden.
        Ron

Comment

Nice! I'm guessing this followed the "motor lodge" photo posted yesterday?
          Andy
          62 GT

Comment

What a great turnout of Swedish cars. Now I want to know, how can I get one of those Studebakerklubben t-shirts?

Comment

Join the club & buy a T-shirt...
              & we've always had plenty US cars in Sweden & especially Studebakers was always saved, even the really rough rockers treated Studebakers better than most other US cars, a bit like Cadillac & Imperial.
              & yes; I just posted "a wee look".
              Last edited by Noxnabaker; 07-18-2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Great show? Anyone count all the Studebakers? Has Sweden always been left hand drive like the U. S? BP
                The Swedish cars has always beeing LH-drive cars. But with the buses it was different they was RH-drive until 1967 when we changed from driving at the left side of the road to driving on the right side. And yes there was a lot of signs to change.
                /JW
                Last edited by jwikstro; 07-18-2021, 02:39 PM.
                Jan Wikstrom

1957 Silver Hawk HT
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  There was 32 Studebakers, with 2 cars from our friends in Norway attending this event. Not bad for a country with around 500 registered cars.

/JW
                  Jan Wikstrom

1957 Silver Hawk HT
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice to see you here Jan...

Comment

Working...
                    X