LARK SHINE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LARK SHINE?

So I finally rented out a second garage so that I could get the Commander out of the elements. The car had been sitting outside at Jerry's home for a while, and while parked in my friend's backyard, it had more crap on it. The windows were getting green, along with the crome/stainless trim.

I decided when I picked up the car that I would hit a car wash and hose it off. You know, just to get the crap off. $12 later, the car looks a lot better. Heck, it looks like a reasonable 30 footer. I wish I would have taken a picture before the car wash because it was a lot worse than the first few pictures.

[u]BEFORE</u>

[u]AFTER</u>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Huba Huba a two door. I know the sickness has truely taken hold, I find myself looking more intently at 64 2dr daytona's.......Wonder if I can pass this off as the sons first car....and drive it in the meantime....SURE I CAN.

ChopStu
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Stu, it was always the '64's that suckered me in. I like the '59/'60 models too, but for me these are the cats meow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I'm a 53-54 guy but from being in the club for about 10 years i now own a 64 Commander 2 dr also. not to mention my 55 Conestoga a 60 Lark 2 dr and several parts cars. The 64's are great everyday drivers. Mines been called everything i can think of, mostly a Rambler. In this part of the country (OK) hardly anyone has ever seen a 64, most think of larks as being 59-63s.
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I love those single headlight '64's. [8D]

BTW, that '62-63 front bumper doesn't look too bad on there.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That one will be a pleasure to work on. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark
              That looks like a 59-60 front bumper to me. 4 bolt. Send it to me, Tom. I'll find the right one for you, quickly!
              1) Yes, I'd make a straight trade for a useable front bumper for a '64.

2) That bumper is damaged along the lower left side (damaged by a chain when being pulled). It can be straightened and replated.

3) If this is still something you are interested in, e-mail me. I'll start hunting for a box.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude

I love those single headlight '64's. [8D]

BTW, that '62-63 front bumper doesn't look too bad on there.

That bumper has me intrigued. It looks like a 4 bolt 59-60... yet with a concave top in the center like a 62-64, but those have multiple holes for the bolts. [?]

edit:The parts book doesn't show it properly, but that is a 1961 specific bumper. Four bolt, with the concave for the newer 1961 front grill. Sent you an email for a freshly chromed 1964 front bumper source.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark
                  That bumper has me intrigued. It looks like a 4 bolt 59-61... yet with a concave top in the center like a 62-64, but those have multiple holes for the bolts. [?]
                  I'll get a couple pictures and post them up.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Tom, you know rule #1 of the old car hobby: WASH IT and see what you've got! As Richard Petty used to say in his Armour All commercial: "MAIN, what a diffurnce!"[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Tom, you know rule #1 of the old car hobby: WASH IT and see what you've got! As Richard Petty used to say in his Armour All commercial: "MAIN, what a diffurnce!"[^]
                      I knew what I had, I just didn't think the pressure from the washer would do such a nice job. It made me think about doing a complete clean, wax and polish just to see how good I could make the original paint look. But then I figured why bother. With all the rust repair it needs (front clip, rockers, floors, deck lid, etc.), I already know it'll have to get stripped down and the silicones just add to the stripping.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Some more pictures of the bumper...

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Thats one sweet looking 64. Good luck on the build. I love finding those too. I passed on one exactly like that one here in Sacramento last year. At the time, I just had too many cars and nowhere to put it. I wish I had, tho.

sals54
                          sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Thats one sweet looking 64. Good luck on the build. I love finding those too. I passed on one exactly like that one here in Sacramento last year. At the time, I just had too many cars and nowhere to put it. I wish I had, tho.
                            Sal, you could have just sent it here. Or you could have made room but just sending the wagon here. Heck, I would have even come out and picked that one up . Always willing to help someone out...

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Swifster

Some more pictures of the bumper...

Looks like a '61 to me. Email sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X