44th INTERNATIONAL SDC MEET PHOTOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44th INTERNATIONAL SDC MEET PHOTOS

I enjoyed the many photos of this event pictured in January Turning Wheels, and am amazed at how beautiful so many of the cars are. As an owner of a '50 Champion, 2 door, I am most interested in the very sharp looking details that each Champion has.

I bought my car in 1997 and have only concentrated all this time on making it safe and mechanically reliable, although when I bought it, it had been restored somewhat in the 70's and had newer yellow paint, new interior and chrome but all was worn and well used.

The last year or more I have decided to put the mechanical condition in really top shape to drive long distances which is now being completed during January.

Any photos you guys would love to share with me would give me some new goals on making her outside beautiful too?? -my headlight rims were painted and bondo'd, and now I am frankly jealous of all this fancy shiny trim and nicer paint that so many of you have.

Would love some help. I have tried once to put photos in these but haven't quite got the hang of it.

Jim

There are videos from the 44th International Meet on the Keystone Region's Website. Photos will be uploaded shortly as we have many of them. It can be accessed from the link below. Enjoy them as they are for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.sdckeystoneregion.com/index.html
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Here are a few//
      http://www.studebaker-info.org/photo...08/lanc08.html

Bob Johnstone
      www.studebaker-info.org

64 GT Hawk
      55 President State Sedan
      70 Avanti (R3)
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Also peruse the many photo links on our Studebaker Pictures page.
        http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/studepictures.asp

BShaw, Webmaster

webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
        Woodbury, Minnesota
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

quote:Would love some help. I have tried once to put photos in these but haven't quite got the hang of it.

Jim
          You need to put your pictures on a site like Photobucket.com, then click on the direct link and copy it. Click on the yellow block with the mountain on the format. It will place brackets with img in it. Paste it the direct link in between the brackets.

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Well, you have to be careful what you wish for!!

Just reviewed all your responses and I have learned a huge amount in just 15 minutes of review of your various responses. I discovered I have a Champion Regal Deluxe 2 door, after 10 years of ownership! The "here are a few photos" that one guy posted are a wealth of information, and a guy in Sweden has such great history.

I am sitting in NY City and now can't wait for the snow storm to come tonight, so I can delve into all of these resources and feast on the hundreds of photos.

Already staring to think how rewarding it could be to upgrade the car cosmetically and there is no limit it seems, other than the obvious costs. Wow!!!

Thank you all!

Jim

Comment

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You so much for taking the videos and posting for everyone to see. Absolutely awesome meet and the vehicles are all impressive. Got to see faces I have not seen in years and some cars also. I am proud to be a member of this fine and outstanding club which has got to be second to none. I will make sure that my non Studebaker friends view the videos. Quite a testimonial to all the very talented people having varying degrees of association with some of the finest automobiles that were ever produced by Americans. Bob J., your still photos were also a treat. Thanks jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I'm so glad you enjoyed the videos, Jim. I took and posted them. I'm disappointed by how shaky they are, but the camera's about the size of a cellphone. I plan to add a collapsible monopod to help steady it.

From now on, I plan to tape any Stude gathering I attend, and post the footage. Maybe focus more on willing individuals. I think they're valuable for posterity, although the reviews were mixed. Next up is York, and if situation allows, Cedar Rapids. With more practice I'll get better at it.

Thanks for the comments[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Thanks for the viewing Bams. I would have paid for that but don't get any ideas. jimmijim
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

No problem. My goal is to do these videos on my own for the free viewing of all. I think they'll be great to have as the years get on and the people in them pass away. It sure would be great to see casual video of Egbert or Stevens or Bourke or thousands of others[8D] So now I want to capture the folks still with us- although some are reluctant subjects. Ultimately an archive of videos might be something good I could contribute to the Club.

I guess we'll see how it goes...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

No problem. My goal is to do these videos on my own for the free viewing of all. I think they'll be great to have as the years get on and the people in them pass away. It sure would be great to see casual video of Egbert or Stevens or Bourke or thousands of others[8D] So now I want to capture the folks still with us- although some are reluctant subjects. Ultimately an archive of videos might be something good I could contribute to the Club.

I guess we'll see how it goes...

Parish, central NY 13131

Bob, your post reminded me that in 1993, I had an accidental meeting with Martha Fleener, who was Sherwood Egbert's secretary at Studebaker. She was a completely charming lady...classy and approachable. She was at the 30th anniversary Avanti meet in South Bend, as were several other Studebaker luminaries who have since passed away. She was the widow of Lon Fleener, who was instrumental in bringing M-B into the Studebaker fold. I overheard her in the meet hotel telling someone she had been "Sherwood's secretary". I always thought what a great interview she would be. Several years later I met her again at the old SNM at a dinner, where she was accompanied by a priest from Notre Dame. I had my picture taken with her, but now I can't find it.

In 1993, she had told me that she still kept in some touch with Mrs. Egbert and also Mrs. Byers Burlingame. How it would be good to get Mrs. Fleener and Mrs. Egbert to consent to interviews, although I'm not sure Mrs. Egbert's memories of that time would be all positive.

I remember hearing someone say once that Mrs. Fleener at some point joined the AOAI. She supposedly said, "I had an Avanti as a Company car; will that allow me to get a membership?"

Classy lady.

Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Mrs. Fleener passed away a few years ago Bill. I also met her in 1993 at the AOAI meet. What an awesome meet that was. I saw John Hull in Tampa in October at the FL State Meet and we reflected on the meet.

1957 Packard Clipper
                        1957 President Broadmoor
                        1963 Daytona Convertible
                        1963 R2 Daytona
                        1963 R2 GT Hawk
                        1963 R1 Wagonaire
                        1963 R4 Avanti
                        1964 Champ
                        1966 Cruiser

Comment

Thank you for sharing the links to those vid and photos!!! Makes me wish I was there even more!

55 Commander

55 Commander Regal Coupe
                          XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
                          KARR (Knightrider)
                          Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

Desert Explorer you missed one of the top 5 all time Studebaker International Meets ever and it joins the 28th annual meet in the catagory. which was also hosted by Keystone. Sorry you were not there. Pictures are currently being posted by our webmaster and hope to be available soon.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                            X