1950 Pickup: on steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Pickup: on steroids

Not mine, but a great video and great truck!

I just don't understand why anyone would want a truck that looks like its springs are broken down.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Low riders say if it isn't scraping on the road, it isn't low enough.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        I just don't understand why anyone would want a truck that looks like its springs are broken down.
        So it can do those donuts without ending up its side?
        Anyway, that's one less in the scrapper!

Andy
        62 GT

Comment

Looks like someone is having fun.
          Given what we have to put up with otherwise, why rain on others' parades?
          There's a culture there that is getting its first dose of Studebaker.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Dare to be different.

Comment

Truck looks pretty amazing - don’t need shinny paint to catch people’s attention. I can really appreciate how much work it took to get it there and like how they did not modify the body. Guy made it a point about how cool the Studebaker was and how it had a lot of features not seen on other trucks from the day.

Comment

I'm loving it...just one problem is that I don't own it. Builder seems like a real character. Cheers, Junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I agree, this is pretty awesome! And it's a modern day sports truck like the 2003 era Ford F150 Lightning or the 2005ish Dodge Ram SRT10 or even the new Grand Cherokee Hellcats. I adore it! I just wish Dodge would have not made the TRX an offroad car but in the same mold as the SRT10 Ram. The guy spent decent money building a truck he apparently enjoys and kept it from the crusher so it's a good day!

Comment

I guess if you want it, Mike Bello will build it.
                    Fun job.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Diffrent strokes fer diffrent folks. Can’t please everyone, so please yerself.

I’d raise it 6”.

Comment

Totally impractical where I live and how I use trucks.

Comment

I usually try to avoid commenting if a vehicle isn't my thing, but sometimes I gotta vent. It all feels very uninspired and contrived, not unlike a stack of Thomas Kinkade paintings waiting their turn on QVC. It's one of those vehicles I could describe with my eyes closed after being given one or two details, as it incorporates all of what is currently trendy... LS engine and 4L60/80E transmission with 3' long cane shifter sprouting from floor, Pintostang front end and 4 link located 9" rear with discs at all corners, slammed on bags, very deliberate patina with big whitewalls and a tiny smattering of shiny bits. Guess I haven't heard many LS engines cackling through glasspacks and exhaling through long peashooter tailpipes, so there's that.

I guess it's just the extreme antithesis of... me. I just love the sounds and sensations provided by a full on vintage, obsolete powertrain. A silky smooth 245 flathead quietly muttering through its undersized exhaust as you run through the gears and lift off briefly for overdrive to engage... or the unique burble of the Studebaker V8 with a dose of solid lifter clatter up front. 'Roids not needed! The only old truck feature still intact is the view through the windshield.

Sure, the work looks pretty decent and it is cool to see it putting a smile on somebody's face, which prolly makes it worth the effort at the end of the day. Just not my cuppa.

Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

I love restomods, and I think they are the future of the hobby. But I am sick of the ‘patina’ aspect. A lot of my life I had to drive junk, and always dreamed about nice looking vehicles. It’s like girls
                            purposely wearing ripped jeans, I will never understand being anti-excellence. And that’s the message raggedy clothes and purposely raggedy paint sends.
                            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                            Romans 15:13
                            Deuteronomy 31:6
                            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Patina can get a bit tiresome, especially when it's manufactured and phony. And I have plenty of pairs of ripped jeans -- but they're ripped because I wore them out.
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X