No announcement yet.

buying 54 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks 55! That sounds like the size that I have.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Buy it drive it live it. And have a boat load of fun doing it.

Comment

Thanks! That is my plan.

Comment

Today I took off the car cover and looked at it full side view.....just lovely! What a great design!

Comment

Today I had a post showing an aluminum flywheel. I am interested but somehow lost the post. Please pm me with more info.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
              Today I had a post showing an aluminum flywheel. I am interested but somehow lost the post.
              The Stude 232" V8s used a smaller Bell housing, flywheel, and clutch, than the '55, and later V8s. Are you sure, this aluminum flywheel was compatible, with the rest of your 232" components? Or, are you going to replace them as well?

Mark

sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

I didn't know that. I will have to get correct dimensions before buying.

Thanks very much!

Comment

Then, there's 6V ring gears, '51 - '55, and 12V ring gears, '56 - '64. I assume that would come, with the flywheel?

Mark
                  Last edited by S2Deluxe; 07-19-2021, 02:39 PM.
                  sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

The fw has no ring gear installed at the moment, so there is that too.

Comment

My wheel covers popped off of my 51. Luckily I heard them come off with little damage. I resorted to an unusual approach. I drilled holes in 4 of the tabs and ran two wires through tab holes and then through the rim slots and tied/twisted them they off in the back. They do not interfere with rubbing and they cannot come off. True, fixing a flat means you have to crawl under to untie the wire, But it saved my covers.

51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
                      53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
                      62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

Is that a root beer color?

Comment

Kind of a copper color. Copper and gray.
                          51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
                          53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
                          62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

It is distinctive and sort of formal looking.

Comment

Today I bought a straight but patinaed hood for the 54. A new friend from Wisconsin. I have another new friend who offered to take the hood to his house in plymouth and store it for me until I can pick it up. I nearly didn't come. The Mrs volunteered to come with me.

Comment

When I first bought my '54 Commander, Deluxe, Starlight Coupe, in 1977. It had an original 7.10 - 15 WW, as a spare, in the trunk. Although, it also had a set of '62 full wheel covers, on it? I'm now using a set of the correct, original, non ridged, wheel covers, and radial wide whites, on it. Because, that's the look, I prefer! Mine is also a 3 speed OD, with a 4.27 rear end. I was able to drive it from Palo Alto, CA. To San Luis Obispo, CA, and back. With a speedometer indicated speed, of 95 mph, much of the way.
                                sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
                                X