1960 Studebaker Champ running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Studebaker Champ running

Well we got the old girl running!! Little bit of work yet and down the road we go

Well this is just 1 check off the list
    on to lights !!

Comment

It’s fun getting an old vehicle/engine running that hasn’t in a long time. Enjoy!
      Brakes next. Steering, tires, lights... it’s all fun!

Comment

Love the excitement! Stuff like this makes you smile more than it probably should, and it's 100% legal. Congrats!
        Last edited by Lark Hunter; 04-15-2021, 08:26 PM. Reason: cuz typo...
        Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Great Job!

Comment

Way to go! Another Champ on the road. Enjoy it. They are good trucks.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

one piece of advise I can give from experience. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, that touches brake fluid should be replaced. Period.
              This means hard lines, soft lines, MC, Wheel Cyls, ETC.

I have a family member who "thinks" he's a 4wheeler, and ended up cross ways on a trail halfway up a mountain for the second time and had to be pulled out by an excavator.
              He's lucky to be alive as the trees stopped him. Reason? Not following the same advice I am giving you. Brake loss and an automatic transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by Corbinstein0 View Post
                one piece of advise I can give from experience. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, that touches brake fluid should be replaced. Period.
                This means hard lines, soft lines, MC, Wheel Cyls, ETC.

I have a family member who "thinks" he's a 4wheeler, and ended up cross ways on a trail halfway up a mountain for the second time and had to be pulled out by an excavator.
                He's lucky to be alive as the trees stopped him. Reason? Not following the same advice I am giving you. Brake loss and an automatic transmission.
                I do rubber lines, wheel and master cylinders are redone unless they have rust pitting, in which case they'll get re-sleeved or replaced. Don't think I've had a steel line give yet. Also will add... Make sure you've got a good functioning parking brake. Not my first pick for an emergency stop, but I have done it once. As an added bonus, that meager braking power will be spread to the front wheels too while in 4 wheel drive.
                Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Funny you should mention the parking brake, Tory. That is in our next newsletter for adjusting the parking brake. I took the picture and the instructions from my Studebaker shop manual. It is a good idea also if you have an automatic to engage the parking brake before you put the car in park to eliminate possible parking pawl locking.

Bob Miles

Comment

I actually had a brand new (resleeved) wheel cyl pop within a mile of the SNM. unfortunately, that soaked the rear linings which made my E-brake ineffective. Running a red light and doing donuts in a parking lot to stop are not my idea of fun in a newly restored 2R5.

Anything can happen at any time.

after that I converted to a dual pot MC.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I am going over everything one step at a time.but not that it helps but it is an 3 spd on the tree. But like I stated, everything little by little

Thanks for all the help for the newbies

Comment

only thing you might do for the 3 on the tree is check the rubber shift bushings for wear and of course the oil.

Comment

Any ideas as to where to get an air cleaner?

Comment

Working...
                          X