gun rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gun rack

Has anyone here installed a gun rack for their studebaker? Either any of those overhead, rear window or back seat rack. Like this https://sandburrgunranch.com/vehicle-gun-racks/.

Those racks are made for modern cabs that are much bigger than a Studebaker. I don't think there is a good place for one that would be easy to reach. In any case, I don't plan on taking my Studebaker pickup on any hunting trips.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Just a couple thoughts: Nothing says "steal me" more than advertising what's in your vehicle.

Unless you are on private land all the time I'd personally have them in the trunk of a car or behind the seat in a truck.

I live in Michigan where there a high tolerance for hunting and gun ownership - I'm guilty of both - and one of the easiest ways to get more attention than required from the authorities is to also advertise. In many cases it's also illegal to carry them in the open depending on seasons, circumstances and, sometimes, even on private land.

Your money, your choice, However.

Bob

Comment

For the M-series, anyway, I think the only place you could make it work is behind the seat somehow. There's not a whole lot of room in the cab for things like that.

Comment

The .50 caliber machine gun mounted in a truck box seems to be a fashionable accessory in the middle east. :-)

Comment

The gun rack in my uncle's truck only ever held levels for his masonry job.
            Andy
            62 GT

Comment

There was a time when lots of pickups had racks mounted where the guns showed in the rear window, even at school. Those days are gone. Too many thieves and people who go nuts at the sight of any firearm. The space behind a stock Studebaker truck seat is not easy enough to access to make it a good choice.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

I used to see them in Wyoming everywhere. Times have changed people are more crazy.
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                  I used to see them in Wyoming everywhere. Times have changed people are more crazy.
                  They sure have changed, when I was in high school it was common to see pickups with gun racks with a rifle or shotgun or a fishing pole in them. Often the windows were down if it was hot out. You're asking for trouble anymore if there's anything visible inside the vehicle that can be stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by joncon View Post

...You're asking for trouble anymore if there's anything visible inside the vehicle that can be stolen.
                    That's why I set my wife's seat as far back and low as possible.
                    Andy
                    62 GT

Comment

Working...
                    X