Current Warranty for your Studebaker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Warranty for your Studebaker!

I wonder how much research went into this offering. Talk about high-risk! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC52C8B8-6504-476F-8773-D214AECA6295.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1889837 Dang it!! I could have used this warranty on my yellow/green stude and saved me 10+k. Maybe it’s time to start looking πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Comment

Give them a year to go broke!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I note that among exclusions are Northstar engines.
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

They say "CALL US." How forthcoming do you think they would be if you called and asked how they are corporately structured, what their cash reserves are who their principals are, and their expertise, and qualifications???
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Ya something is weird.
            I created a throw away email address and submitted a quote request for the following: 50' Commander, 2000 miles (could happen), value $15,000. Instant quote for Standard Vehicle Pricing is $1067 for two years if paid up front. There are zero percent financing options also. BUT, no other information needed??? Oh come on...

Also the page states that if I have a 2006 GT40 or Corvette its only an additional $150. How oddly specific.

I noticed the web address also changed once I submitted for the quote to "https://ptacadmincontract.com/CarePlus/PowerTrainGetQuote.php" . It could be that they are a front broker for ptacadmincontract but.. Both sites (but the latter with more detail) state this is "limited powertrain protection" with a cap of $7500. The limits are defined and yes they are limited...
            DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
            1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

Comment

I currently warrant ALL the work I do on my Studebakers.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                I currently warrant ALL the work I do on my Studebakers.
                I worry ALL the work I do on my Studebakers will eventually be served a warrant!

Two subjective words stand out in the first paragraph: "Reasonable Cost"
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Some have been getting phone solicitors for extended warranties on their vehicles: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ended-warrenty

Craig

Comment

My dad told me we had a lifetime warranty from our Studebaker dealership, VanAnne Implement. Unfortunately, by the time we finally needed some warranty work on the car, we found they had moved from Rock Rapids Iowa to Stockton California. While we could drive there, pity their poor Allis Chalmers customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ51 View Post
                      My dad told me we had a lifetime warranty from our Studebaker dealership, VanAnne Implement. Unfortunately, by the time we finally needed some warranty work on the car, we found they had moved from Rock Rapids Iowa to Stockton California. While we could drive there, pity their poor Allis Chalmers customers.
                      Service with a smile....
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Studebaker OLD quote to......"always deliver more than you promise".

Comment

I see these ads for home warranties and I image that the providers' list of exceptions and conditions must be longer than a typical Scott's 1000-sheet roll of T.P.
                          peter lee

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
                            I see these ads for home warranties and I image that the providers' list of exceptions and conditions must be longer than a typical Scott's 1000-sheet roll of T.P.
                            and probably written on Scotts 1000-sheet roll and worth about what they are written on.........

Myself, I am my own warranty division. I screw it up, I fix it.

Comment

Working...
                            X