• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jg61hawk
    replied
    Floor pans and box and lots more:
    https://www.classicent.com/studebaker/pickups/c-cab

Check their entire site I just copied the link to this page.... your body may differ. Like the guys said get the Vendor Issue of Turning Wheels, join the SDC (no mandatory anything). Welcome to Studeland.

Leave a comment:

• DaleM267
    replied
    This was on the door post

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Corbinstein0 View Post
    do they still have the York PA swap meets? I think they no longer do that, but if they do, that will be a resource.
    The New York Swap Meet in Dunkirk, NY, Sept. 24-25 is the new York.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Originally posted by Corbinstein0 View Post
    do they still have the York PA swap meets? I think they no longer do that, but if they do, that will be a resource.
    No, unfortunately, York is dead. The Reedsville swap meet is still planned for this fall.
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• nvonada
    replied
    Don't overlook your FLAPS. I was in NAPA to pick up an oil filter and asked if they had a rebuild kit for the rear brake cylinders on my '41. I knew I had gotten them there 15 years ago. Turns out that part had been discontinued but they had new ones on the shelf for $25 or so. OK, I guess I can live with not having to rebuild mine. It has been years but this same NAPA had a new Carter fuel pump for my car with ethanol-proof rubber in stock.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• Corbinstein0
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DaleM267
    replied
    Thanks for the info much appreciated. I'm very new to the Studebaker stuff, bit you all have been very helpful

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by DaleM267 View Post
    Well the truth is I have 2 1960 Studebaker Champ, one blue one green.
    Blue one the plate on the fire wall says
    5E-T4 On lower block
    523140 ( Under that)
    11 25 N Stamped on top side of motor 4EI0II9
    It's a flathead v6 /Cut/
    The Number that matters is the Engine Serial number stamped into only THAT One Block: 4E10119, that is shown on our "Resources" Link from the SDC Website Main Page, and under "Vehicle Identification", then "6 Cyl. Engine Identification" as a 1960 "245" c.i.d. Commander Six.

The Date Cast Code: 11 25 N breaks down to be Nov. 25, 1959 which would be correct for a 1960 Truck.
    The 5E-T4 CAB is a 1960 Standard Champ Cab.
    We will know a little more when we get the Actual TRUCK Serial Number, from the Serial Number Plate welded on the Cab "B' Pillar.
    But it is looking like everything may be Original & matching for a 1960 Champ.

FYI: A Flathead in line Engine is an "L" Head, not a V6.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-13-2021, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DaleM267
    replied
    Okay thank you all for your help, contacted the vendor in Arizona, told me what I need to do for the distributor, it's really just a melted wire. Hopefully that will solve some issues

Leave a comment:

• DaleM267
    replied
    Well the truth is I have 2 1960 Studebaker Champ, one blue one green.
    Blue one the plate on the fire wall says
    5E-T4
    On lower block
    ( Under that)
    11 25 N
    Stamped on top side of motor
    4EI0II9
    It's a flathead v6
    That's what I know, now apparently I will need a distributor, seems a wire inside the distributor is now melted thru.
    needs- floor pans ( needs redone) arm rests
    Brakes work need motor to run,lol

The green one, straight 6 runs,
    Doesn't stop haven't looked into it( that's why I was curious about the brakes)
    Needs floor pan and bed floor.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Get you a nice new yellow legal pad and start with a list of what you need. Place them in order of needs like stop and go, function, and beauty. You original post covers two things: if all you need is brake parts and arm rests, you are indeed most fortunate. Get prices for everything then it will help you decide what to do.

Today I went to look at a 52 Commander(s). There were several different cars there and all of them had some parts removed in no particular order. Some had door panels removed (one of my biggest gripes), brake drums removed without any replacement parts and so on. You get the idea.

A body man told me once when I was learning to work on cars over 50 years ago, don't try to eat the whole cake at one time. Do one panel at a time and you do end up with all the work done eventually. He said" you just need one bite of the cake to see if you enjoy it". At that time, everyone my age the solution to a mechanical problem was to rebuild the carburetor or take the heads off when all it took most times was a simple electrical/ignition diagnosis.

Let us know what model/year Studebaker you have and you will see many experts to help. If you haven't joined the Studebaker Drivers Club and your local chapter it will help.

Be a Sensible Acting Studebaker Owner (SASO)

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by DaleM267 View Post
    Where's the best place to buy parts like brake parts, arm rest for doors
    Dale, the closest place for you would probably be Westmoreland Restorations, on Route 22 just west of Blairsville.

Leave a comment:

• DTHolder
    replied
    Here is a list of vendors: http://www.studebakervendors.com/

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    The best place to go may be where you are. Give us an idea of what you need. Most of us have a parts stash, that we are willing to share.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    Here is another one: https://www.studebakerparts.com/ (Oops! I see Dwight already sent you this one. Sorry.
    If you haven't already, join the Studebaker Drivers Club (see the link at the top of this page). You can ask them to send you a copy of the March Turning Wheels Magazine. This is the annual "Vendors" issue and is filled with sources for parts and service.
    Excellent advice! I wish I had thought of that (SDC vendors issue).
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

Working...
X