Drum brakes parts sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum brakes parts sources?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a brake drum kit for a 65 studebaker cruiser please?
    Attached Files

http://www.studebakervendors.com/

Welcome to the forum.

The "official" Studebaker parts vendors will sell you the correct parts
    , unlike Rock Auto and other similar places.

The forum moderator will probably move this post to the correct place, parts wanted and found.

You might also want to search old posts for how to place the key correctly and lubricate the outer axle bearings and such.

The Studebaker shop manual is helpful and the parts catalogs are especially helpful; showing where each part goes and identifying the part number.

It looks like you car is a V8 and that information is also required when buying brake parts.
    Last edited by RadioRoy; 04-08-2021, 03:43 PM.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Also, be aware that Studebakers originally built with front disc brakes had a different type of rear drum brake setup, so make sure the vendor is aware of what style brakes you have. I see by looking at the picture you posted that you have the style of rear brakes used with front discs.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
        I see by looking at the picture you posted that you have the style of rear brakes used with front discs.
        Glad you caught that. They looked unusual to me, but I have never worked on a Studebaker with disc brakes.
        Last edited by RadioRoy; 04-14-2021, 08:34 AM.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Yes front is disc brakes rear is drums it had the 283 I pulled it out looking to rebuild. But the wheel was locked up and the emergency cable was snapped. I’m looking to buy a shop manual and a parts catalog. Thanks for then info everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruiserboy View Post
            I’m looking to buy a shop manual and a parts catalog.
            '65 Shop Manual is a supplement to the '59-'64 manual, and $20. Item # 802073 from Studebaker vendors.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
            X