• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottokar
    replied
    Hello Bill and Paul,

thank you very much for your response.
    I placed the question in parallel on the AACA forum.

Best regards,
    Otto

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    Otto,

It's not a President that is for sure. There is only one of them and that's not it. What is the wheelbase of the car you are looking at? The tail of the tape should tell the story. If the WB is 117" its a Dictator, if WB is 125" it's a commander, if it were a President, which it's not, it would have a WB of 135." It looks right to be a commander, but a simple measurement will answer the question. It's rare for sure, I wouldn't want to put a number on the survival rate, but realistically only a small hand full have survived.

You are not going to get much definitive information from this forum. Most of us pre-war fans spend our time on the AACA forum, or don't use social media at all. try the AACA for, Studebaker section. Someone may recognize the car.

Also Roy Asbahr's beautiful 1932 Dictator in Oregon was highlighted by Hemming's some time ago. I've included a link so you can compare.
    https://www.hemmings.com/stories/art...dictator-coupe

Bill

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Otto, you may also want to post your question on the AACA forum, in the Studebaker section. That's where a lot of the folks in the Antique Studebaker Club hang out. Link: https://forums.aaca.org/forum/21-stu...rskine-rockne/

Leave a comment:

• 1932 Studebaker Commander (?) - looking for details and specs on this car

Hello,
    I am new to the Studebaker forum. I am a private collector of mainly US (prewar) cars living in Europe, Austria.
    I am thinking about buying a 1932 Studebaker Coupe offered locally in Austria to add it to my collection. I will inspect the car by end of next week.

The car is offered as a 1932 Commander Series Eight Regal?
    The engine is described as a 4100 ccm / 250 cui straight eight with 102 BHP.
    I found an older advert where the car was offered as a president?
    I will continue my search.
    I am attaching the few pictures I received so far.

It would be great to get some details from the Studebaker experts! Is it a Dictator, a Commander, a President? Is the engine correct?
    Maybe someone knows the car?
    Any expertise would be higly welcome!

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,
    Otto
Working...
X