Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raidmagic
    replied
    Heck, that's a good deal. Hard to find not rusted out crap for $1500 anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Looks very restorable. Congratulations on your purchase!

Leave a comment:

• Corbinstein0
    replied
    now that you have it, Pickle it, any way you can.

Leave a comment:

• jwitt
    replied
    Congratulations! Looks like it will be a fun project

Leave a comment:

• Hellmonkey79
    replied
    Well for better of for worse I went ahead and bought it from the guy. Guess I have a project to start working on eventually now.

Leave a comment:

• Corbinstein0
    replied
    Yep, I grew up riding a bicycle across the Sardis Lake Dam near Clayton while it was nothing but a pile of dirt. Next, I'll be sailing the lake.

Leave a comment:

• Hellmonkey79
    replied
    Originally posted by Corbinstein0 View Post
    I'll be damned. just came thru Wister last week. Moving to Tuskahoma in 23 months. maybe we can get together then.
    Definitely nice out here. We actually live right by Wister lake, as in I can walk down my backyard in to the wildlife management lands and go fishing.

Good luck with your move

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    Daniel,

The additional information makes this for me a game changer. The car seems to have been a pretty well kept survivor before the fire. I know that there is an element of risk, certainly, but in my humble opinion it's a risk worth taking. Good luck.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Al from Eatonville
    replied
    Many of our Studebakers are either projects when we get them or become projects along the way. Go for it! Should you lose interest, you can always let it go. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Corbinstein0
    replied
    I'll be damned. just came thru Wister last week. Moving to Tuskahoma in 23 months. maybe we can get together then.

Leave a comment:

• Hellmonkey79
    replied
    Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
    There is simply too much that we don't see. Has any of the interior survived? What about the condition of the dash, floors?

You seem to be interested, but how committed are you? There is work involved, how much can you afford? This is a good worth while project, but only you can say for sure whether you are up to the challenge. If you are not up to it, leave it for the next guy. There is nothing more rewarding then bringing a car back. The flipside is having to move a millstone from around your neck, when you become overwhelmed by the process.
    Inside is surprisingly pretty good. Ignition needs replaced. Seats are intact with decent springs. Headliner is gone. Floor is solid, doors look decent even the pleated leatherette/leather (not sure what they used).

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by Hellmonkey79 View Post

Yes, glass i looked at and seems I can get a new set for about $900 plus shipping. Chrome wise think the only things missing are the two vertical side pieces for the front fender. The 2nd middle one is on the trunk.

Only thing I haven't found yet is where to get all new rubber.
    Same place you get the glass. Studebaker Glass & Rubber; or Studebaker International, or Stephen Allen's, or ...
    https://studebakerglass.com/

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    There is simply too much that we don't see. Has any of the interior survived? What about the condition of the dash, floors?

You seem to be interested, but how committed are you? There is work involved, how much can you afford? This is a good worth while project, but only you can say for sure whether you are up to the challenge. If you are not up to it, leave it for the next guy. There is nothing more rewarding then bringing a car back. The flipside is having to move a millstone from around your neck, when you become overwhelmed by the process.
    Last edited by Hallabutt; 04-08-2021, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Corbinstein0
    replied
    as long as the tin worms didn't get the floors, trunk and fenders, I would say you are money ahead.

they are all money pits arent they?

Leave a comment:

• jwitt
    replied
    Looks like nice project to me. As far as price goes I always try to negotiate as low as possible for a project or parts car. But 1500 is what I gave for my 50 champion starlight 17 years ago that was in rougher shape than that 52. Although mine had all the glass intact.

If you do get the car I have a nice recovered blue front seat out of a 52 hard top for sale. ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X