Opinions on a 52 commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
    There is simply too much that we don't see. Has any of the interior survived? What about the condition of the dash, floors?

You seem to be interested, but how committed are you? There is work involved, how much can you afford? This is a good worth while project, but only you can say for sure whether you are up to the challenge. If you are not up to it, leave it for the next guy. There is nothing more rewarding then bringing a car back. The flipside is having to move a millstone from around your neck, when you become overwhelmed by the process.
    Inside is surprisingly pretty good. Ignition needs replaced. Seats are intact with decent springs. Headliner is gone. Floor is solid, doors look decent even the pleated leatherette/leather (not sure what they used).

Comment

I'll be damned. just came thru Wister last week. Moving to Tuskahoma in 23 months. maybe we can get together then.

Comment

Many of our Studebakers are either projects when we get them or become projects along the way. Go for it! Should you lose interest, you can always let it go. Good luck!
        Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

Daniel,

The additional information makes this for me a game changer. The car seems to have been a pretty well kept survivor before the fire. I know that there is an element of risk, certainly, but in my humble opinion it's a risk worth taking. Good luck.
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Corbinstein0 View Post
            I'll be damned. just came thru Wister last week. Moving to Tuskahoma in 23 months. maybe we can get together then.
            Definitely nice out here. We actually live right by Wister lake, as in I can walk down my backyard in to the wildlife management lands and go fishing.

Good luck with your move

Comment

Yep, I grew up riding a bicycle across the Sardis Lake Dam near Clayton while it was nothing but a pile of dirt. Next, I'll be sailing the lake.

Comment

Well for better of for worse I went ahead and bought it from the guy. Guess I have a project to start working on eventually now.

Comment

Congratulations! Looks like it will be a fun project

Comment

now that you have it, Pickle it, any way you can.

Comment

Looks very restorable. Congratulations on your purchase!
                      ~Matt Connor
                      '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Heck, that's a good deal. Hard to find not rusted out crap for $1500 anymore.

Comment

Working...
                        X