Chicago Studebaker Dealer Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Studebaker Dealer Info.

I’m trying to find any information I can on this dealership in Chicago. Studebaker-Packard Sales and Service 1640 N. La Salle St. Chicago Illinois.... Pictures, literature anything.... Thanks!

Hi, Biff. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but it was obviously a Zone Office as well.

I thought I recognized that address from many pieces of correspondence my Dad had with the Zone Office when he and his brother Milton were the Packard dealers in Paris IL, south of Chicago, from 1953-1956.

Here is the front piece and three of the 28 pages of their original Packard Dealer Agreement, showing that address on North LaSalle Street. If you have time to drive to Brownsburg IN, you're welcome to look through his files and you'll find that address many times! (The other 25 pages of the agreement are all boilerplate, pre-printed agreement conditions not specific to their dealership.)

What are you doing, if I may ask? BP Click image for larger version

Name:	1953PackardDlrAgreement1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	1888821Click image for larger version

Name:	1953PackardDlrAgreement20006.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1888822
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1953PackardDlrAgreement3.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1888823

Name:	1953PackardDlrAgreement4.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1888824
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I might add, Biff, that when the above documents were generated and executed, Studebaker-Packard Corporation did not exist. It would be a year later before it was formed. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

An ad appeared in the December 16, 1963 edition of the Chicago Tribune, which listed all Chicago area dealers. This included:

North Park Sales & Service
        1640 N. LaSalle St.
        Chicago, IL

so, at least as of December, 1963, they were still selling Studebakers. FYI, the ad lists around 40 dealerships in total in the Chicagoland area. Hope this helps.
        Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
        \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Name:	EEB7943C-1BE5-4BAA-BC1D-3E3050B8FCF9.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1888853Click image for larger version

Name:	256E103F-03A4-4849-996C-8BD7E3437763.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1888854Click image for larger version

Name:	17ADC497-FCBD-48DE-8C91-03A3FD17C6D9.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1888855Click image for larger version

Name:	F67B7573-02CC-48C9-BF44-32A59FF8894F.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1888856Click image for larger version

Name:	E3AA06D6-F5CA-4451-8203-F382D65738DA.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1888857
          Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
          Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Thanks soooo much guys!!!... I’ve got a 57 GH that was purchased from there and registered to a Maurice Potkin and sold to him by Mr. Raimondi. I’m just trying to find anything I can about this dealership, car and previous owner if possible.
            There was a fellow member on here that had a lark that was purchased there and the car still had the dealer logo affixed, I sent him a message in hopes of getting a picture to duplicate the logo ( not that I would install it).... Truly appreciate the time and effort that help and share!!

Comment

Comment

Nice looking car; 'glad it survived that hostile climate!

Did you buy it in South Carolina? Any idea how long it has been out of the Chicago area? BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

From the Bob Johnstone dealer list
                  https://studebaker-info.org/Dealers/ILdealers.html
                  https://studebaker-info.org/Dealers/...964dealers.jpg
                  This is the one 2R2 mentioned....
                  https://studebaker-info.org/Dealers/dealersill1964a.png

Comment

I purchased it about 16 years ago from a gentleman in Mi. who actually kept it in Wis. I believe he got it from Tn., that’s about all I know. I drove it for a while then decided to do the just finished frame off.... Would really love to have a picture of the dealership 😄.... Thanks All

Comment

Working...
                    X