New Champ Truck Windshield Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Champ Truck Windshield Installed

After sustaining a rock chip during the last snow event, which developed into a full on crack, I had a new windshield installed today. I purchased the windshield from Studebaker Glass and Rubber in Nevada. They shipped it to Specialty Glass in Newberg, Oregon. I upgraded to the tinted windshield with the blue tinted band across the top. I also purchased a new rubber seal. Today it was installed and the installer did a bang up job. He told me the rubber seal that was on the truck was in perfect shape so he gave it back to me. Here are some photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5402.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1888310Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5403.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	1888311Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5404.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1888312Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5405.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1888313
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

You were fortunate to have someone that knew how to do this installation and not just how to glue a windshield in.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Indeed I was fortunate. The guy who did the work learned how to do these installations on old vehicles back in the 80s from an old windshield guy. He travels around the area in a 1938 Chevy flatbed truck with a wicked patina and a 50s vintage Olds V8 in it, doing vintage vehicle windshield installs by appointment. He is very busy and I was luck my glass company was able to book him on short notice. Heck of a nice guy too.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I gave up years ago looking for someone to install windshields, So now I get friends or family to help and do it my self , I recently helped a friend install a two piece in a M- series truck and I hope I never have to do it again , What a PIA !

Comment

The Champ windshields actually are a pretty easy install. I've always done my own including a '63 Lark, both of my old T-cabs and '55 Prez sedan. However, the rear windows on anything from '53 through '61 c/k and and '53 through '58 sedans are a bear!

Comment

Hi Ed, I might give him a call, when reinstalling my front windshield. Glass and plumbing....... two things I don't get along with.

Thanks for providing the information.

Mike
            Mike and Dawn

'61 Champ

Comment

Working...
            X