Fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line

I was doing some routine maintenance on my gas tank and removed the fuel line and it was nearly plugged with debris. This is a new fuel line and the gas tank was recently cleaned and some repairs were done, I had removed it because the fuel sender gasket and screws were leaking, I have resealed everything and it is ready to reinstall. I had no starting and running issues yet. Nothing is for sure.

Holy cow! Thanks for the heads-up.
    -Dwight

Comment

Did you have your Tank "Seal Coated"? That seems to be a common problem with the "Sealant" coming loose or getting into the Pickup Tube when installed.
      You gotta ask yourself, Where did that junk come from?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Did you have your Tank "Seal Coated"? That seems to be a common problem with the "Sealant" coming loose or getting into the Pickup Tube when installed.
        I've never had a problem with them but, I've always assumed the recommended cure times may be overly ambitious.
        It never hurts to reseal tanks early in the project, and let them cure much longer than recommended.
        And a constant flow of low pressure air in to the pickup tube for the first couple hours prevents the curing sealant from plugging it.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
        X