Another new product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new product

So, I've been working with Endurance Built Products for a while, and have nothing but praise for their quality products. So, announcing we are soon coming out with NEW neoprene type valve cover gaskets and improved grommets and they will be available through SI and other vendors very soon. I have seen the proofs, and have some of the grommets in my possession right now. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210330_171739.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1887992Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210330_165355.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1887993
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Thats awesome . Any idea on price yet?

Comment

I'm not involved in pricing. But that being said, everything EBP makes has been a value. Take for instance the GLASS Avanti headlight covers. Originals were over $600. Now better NEW GLASS ones are only 99 ea.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948

Comment

FWIW, cast aluminum valve covers with an O-ring groove for a seal would be nice to have.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I could use better quality grommets for my OHV6! How about power steering pump lid grommets? ( seem to lose those)
          Ron Dame
          '63 Champ

Comment

What will make these new gaskets better than the older (original neoprene) rocker cover gaskets ?

I've always found that the "mixture" gasket of cork/neoprene far superior to either the (full) cork or the (straight) neoprene. They held their shape much better, had the longevity of the rubber, with superior sealing properties. And didn't squeeze out of place under pressure. This is one reason that most gasket companies recommend silicone sealant at the ends of the manifold in place of using neoprene seals on Chevrolet engines...squeeze-out..
            The main (original) problem with the older rubber (neoprene ?) was that they would easily squeezed out of the head / rocker cover interface, with little pressure. and the sealents of the time (and today ?), would not hold the rubber in place well over time.

Grommet wise, I've just used flat gasket material under a flat washer. Done it this way for many, many years. It seals, 99% as well as a "fresh" rubber grommet, and MUCH better than a two year old rubber grommet.

Mike

Comment

Well, for one thing, they were not set out to be made for the cheapest materials possible for the best cost. The quality of the materials was the first thing required. I am not exactly sure what the material is but it I have been told it will not "squeeze out" The grommets I specified to be slightly thicker. If you are not satisfied, I would be greatly surprised. Todays sealants are lightyears ahead of what people used in the 60s. You Will need to tack glue the gasket so it doesn't slip out of place while you install the cover. But I ALWAYS do that anyways weather cork or neoprene. Leave the bottom surface dry. You can reuse it, it doesn't take a compressed set, and continue to shrink, and leak like cork and composition cork gaskets. I am sure you will be satisfied.
              Last edited by bezhawk; 04-02-2021, 04:44 PM.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948

Comment

Want to make a really needed product? Make rear main seals for V8 and 6 cylinder engines. Best Gaskets sucks!!!!!!

Bo
                Bo

Comment

Thanks for working with them on the R&D for the new gaskets. Anything that makes our engines easier to work on, with less leaks is great!

Comment

Working...
                  X