1941? Red Studebaker Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40 phaeton View Post
    Hello I am the present owner of the 1940 Studebaker Champion Daul Cowl Phaeton.
    New member, would appreciate any information you could share with me on my car
    As per Richard Quinn in the link in Post #9 above:
    "Know the car well. It is a '40 Champion (not '39 as stated). Yes, done by Derham of Rosemont PA. The cost of the body was $2500 in 1940. Restored back in the 1970s by the late Sam Alcorn of Bethelehem, PA. He passed away only a few months after completing it. The current owner is a friend of Sams. Believe he is re-restoring it. I have photos of it when it was just completed. It started life as a 4-door sedan painted Laurel Green serial G-46072. Have a lot of original documentation on it. Not a factory job so did not mention it in my previous posts. "

Original documentation on it available here: http://cccamuseum.org/Explore/Archives/Archive-Viewer

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 04-07-2021, 04:39 AM.

Comment

I sent the owner an email with the information I had.

I fabricated a story years ago about an incident in Chautauqua, but when I wrote it I changed convertible to coupe thinking that she (the person I helped in with her groceries) must have been mistaken. I think her husband/ or dad was a millionaire and a race car driver, so the story of it being a gift makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Working...
      X