Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    The problem is not knowing who made Studebaker; it’s not knowing how to use Facebook. When you’re writing a listing it gives you a drop-down menu for ‘Make’. Studebaker is among many others that are not listed. Amazingly, nobody bothers to choose ‘Other’. That gives you a box where you’re can manually type in ‘Studebaker’. Once you do that you can manually type in your model.

Another common theme- a price that makes no sense, with text in the ad to the effect of ‘Facebook won’t let me post the actual price’. Yet somehow I have never had any problem with it.

In the end, the issue is either laziness by the poster, or lack of common sense. Or maybe, some degree of each.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
    Whatever became of the XUV prototype? I’m sure there are a good dozen guys here who would Naturally put an R3 engine in it.
    It was never a prototype. It was a timber-framed "mule", or styling study, at least that one in the photos definitely was.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I can’t believe people have so little to do other than want to correct people about a car that has not been manufactured in over 55 years. Before bashing the seller, did anyone actually check to see if Studebaker was listed as an option for listing?

Leave a comment:

• Lark Hunter
    replied
    I'm seeing the love child of a Ford Excursion and Hummer H2. As for engines, you woulda gotten a choice between the single digit fuel economy Ford V10, or this-engine-will-self destruct-in-30 seconds 6 liter Powerstroke.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Whatever became of the XUV prototype? I’m sure there are a good dozen guys here who would Naturally put an R3 engine in it.
    The last that I knew, they were in Cancun.

Leave a comment:

• jg61hawk
    replied
    LOOKS LIKE A LARK TO ME!!!! GM COPYRIGHT...BS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    That's crazy talk! They would put a 4-53 GM diesel in it!

Leave a comment:

• 64V19816
    replied

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    The Prototypes were made by Avanti Motors Corp. NOT Studebaker, and NO Production Units were ever finished or Sold.

There was a Threat of a lawsuit by GM over their Hummer being too closely copied!
    WHAT? Low, Rectangular Door Windows are Patented?

Leave a comment:

• Frank54
    replied
    I remember reading about the Studebaker XUV in an auto magazine years ago. Were any produced beyond the concepts?

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    I recently made this meme and posted on Farcebook. For those that don't waste their time there, here it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Who made Studebaker.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1887656

Leave a comment:

• jg61hawk
    replied
    Maybe not so fast..... check this link. Remember Studebaker was revived in 2003????!!!!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33717/...l-hummer-clone
    Last edited by jg61hawk; 03-30-2021, 07:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Something posted on Facebook misleading?

With all the protocols and "fact checkers" they have to make sure no "misinformation" is disseminated?

Why, I never!

I'll be disillusioned for the rest of the day... BP

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    I have often been asked who made Studebaker. All you can do in response is provide accurate information.

Leave a comment:

• plee4139
    started a topic A Studebaker made by who?

A Studebaker made by who?

As we all realize, car postings on facebook are an open sewer of misinformation. Yesterday there was a post showing one and labeled as a "GMC Studebaker." I responded by asking if maybe they meant Ford or Chrysler. Hellllp!

Working...
X