A Studebaker made by who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Studebaker made by who?

As we all realize, car postings on facebook are an open sewer of misinformation. Yesterday there was a post showing one and labeled as a "GMC Studebaker." I responded by asking if maybe they meant Ford or Chrysler. Hellllp!

peter lee

I have often been asked who made Studebaker. All you can do in response is provide accurate information.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Something posted on Facebook misleading?

With all the protocols and "fact checkers" they have to make sure no "misinformation" is disseminated?

Why, I never!

I'll be disillusioned for the rest of the day... BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Maybe not so fast..... check this link. Remember Studebaker was revived in 2003????!!!!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33717/...l-hummer-clone
        Last edited by jg61hawk; 03-30-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I recently made this meme and posted on Farcebook. For those that don't waste their time there, here it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Who made Studebaker.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1887656
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I remember reading about the Studebaker XUV in an auto magazine years ago. Were any produced beyond the concepts?

Comment

The Prototypes were made by Avanti Motors Corp. NOT Studebaker, and NO Production Units were ever finished or Sold.

There was a Threat of a lawsuit by GM over their Hummer being too closely copied!
              WHAT? Low, Rectangular Door Windows are Patented?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Whatever became of the XUV prototype? I’m sure there are a good dozen guys here who would Naturally put an R3 engine in it.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
                  Whatever became of the XUV prototype? I’m sure there are a good dozen guys here who would Naturally put an R3 engine in it.
                  That's crazy talk! They would put a 4-53 GM diesel in it!
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

LOOKS LIKE A LARK TO ME!!!! GM COPYRIGHT...BS!!!

Comment

The last that I knew, they were in Cancun.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm seeing the love child of a Ford Excursion and Hummer H2. As for engines, you woulda gotten a choice between the single digit fuel economy Ford V10, or this-engine-will-self destruct-in-30 seconds 6 liter Powerstroke.
                        Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

I can’t believe people have so little to do other than want to correct people about a car that has not been manufactured in over 55 years. Before bashing the seller, did anyone actually check to see if Studebaker was listed as an option for listing?

Comment

It was never a prototype. It was a timber-framed "mule", or styling study, at least that one in the photos definitely was.

Craig

Comment

The problem is not knowing who made Studebaker; it’s not knowing how to use Facebook. When you’re writing a listing it gives you a drop-down menu for ‘Make’. Studebaker is among many others that are not listed. Amazingly, nobody bothers to choose ‘Other’. That gives you a box where you’re can manually type in ‘Studebaker’. Once you do that you can manually type in your model.

Another common theme- a price that makes no sense, with text in the ad to the effect of ‘Facebook won’t let me post the actual price’. Yet somehow I have never had any problem with it.

In the end, the issue is either laziness by the poster, or lack of common sense. Or maybe, some degree of each.
                              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                              Romans 15:13
                              Deuteronomy 31:6
                              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X